Car Stereo On 2004 Honda Civic

Participant count
  • Participant list

Brc1994

CarAudio.com Newbie
I installed a Dual single din stereo on my 2004 honda civic. Now for some reason the car keeps dying. Im assuming its because of the yellow (constant) wire. But the stereo turns off when I turn the car off. How should I fix this . Im a complete newbie

Well I've never heard of a head unit being able to bring an entire's car electrical down but I'd recommend replacing the head unit or going back to stock until you can get a different unit. As a newbie you lack the skills to properly diagnose the wiring, the one thing I will say though, I think its only a coincidence that the car dies as a result of the new head unit and something else is wrong with the car, but you wont know unless you put the stock unit back in and see if the issue continues.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.