Car Stereo wiring help

Participant count
  • Participant list

DonJohnson

CarAudio.com Newbie
AZ
Hey guys, I am attempting to swap out old aftermarket stereo with new stereo. The existing wiring is a bit of a nightmare. I am not sure what the wires heading off to the right and left are for. Perhaps the wire to the right goes to battery for constant power but what are the wires going towards steering column? I was hoping i could just plug the new harness adapter into the plug in the picture but it looks like it won't be so easy. Car is 2007 corvette without bose. Thanks

Attachments

• 13 pin.PNG
    13 pin.PNG
    377.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Harness.PNG
    Harness.PNG
    196 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4834.jpg
    IMG_4834.jpg
    506.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4846.jpg
    IMG_4846.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 28
  • wire left.PNG
    wire left.PNG
    401.3 KB · Views: 23
  • wire to right.PNG
    wire to right.PNG
    395.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4848.jpg
    IMG_4848.jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 17
That 13 pin might be for an ipod, the one for the column may be a steering wheel volume control, the peripheral is a mystery. Radio harnesses are interchangable among common brands. Check the harnesses that came with your radio to see if they are similar.

That 13 pin might be for an ipod, the one for the column may be a steering wheel volume control, the peripheral is a mystery. Radio harnesses are interchangable among common brands. Check the harnesses that came with your radio to see if they are similar.
thanks for the reply, i appreciate it. It is strange i have no steering wheel controls at all but there are 5 or so wires that go towards the steering column..

Hey guys, I am attempting to swap out old aftermarket stereo with new stereo. The existing wiring is a bit of a nightmare. I am not sure what the wires heading off to the right and left are for. Perhaps the wire to the right goes to battery for constant power but what are the wires going towards steering column? I was hoping i could just plug the new harness adapter into the plug in the picture but it looks like it won't be so easy. Car is 2007 corvette without bose. Thanks
Usually, stereos come with a wiring diagram. Did yours?? Have you looked for YouTube videos that cover your particular situation? Crutchfield.com also offer spectacular support service. They even sell a wiring harness that fit your particular situation. Good luck.

Usually, stereos come with a wiring diagram. Did yours?? Have you looked for YouTube videos that cover your particular situation? Crutchfield.com also offer spectacular support service. They even sell a wiring harness that fit your particular situation. Good luck.
Thanks for the reply. I ordered an adapter that should just plug into the harness and be good to go. However i do not know what to do with all the extra wires going towards steering column and if they can all be cut and capped off, etc.

Thanks for the reply. I ordered an adapter that should just plug into the harness and be good to go. However i do not know what to do with all the extra wires going towards steering column and if they can all be cut and capped off, etc.
If you are not using them. then cap them off

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...