Stereo not turning off with my car

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fixpomm

CarAudio.com Newbie
Kansas
I had just bought a 2011 ford focus SE and I already had a 12" sub with a built in amp and a pioneer deh-s31bt as a head unit on hand from my old car. I bought the wiring harness kit from metra for wiring the head unit. This specific car has no steering wheel audio controls. I literally have everything working other than I can't get it to turn off with my car. When I kill the engine and get out of my car it just keeps playing and draining my battery so I've just been driving with it unplugged for now. Please help im at a loss right now I feel like I've tried everything.

Sounds like you have the accessory wire from the head unit wired to a constant power...
I'll double check. There's 4 different remote wires too. 2 from the metra kit, 1 from the sub, and one from the wiring harness on the deck. The green programming box with the harness isn't going solid green like it's supposed to.

It should be called the accessory wire...it should be connected so that it only see power when the car is on...if its connected to constant power your hu won't shut off with the key...the remote wire is completely different...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...