I bought a car, and the stereo wiring is sketchy

Participant count
  • Participant list

E39.Saucyassbo.510

BMW e39 5 series with dummy slaap! Yafeelme cutty
So I bought a 2003 bmw 530i e39 sedan like 2 years ago, and I have been modifying the crap out of the car and fixing alot of things and general maintenance. I am now just going to start with the sound system. When I bought the car it came with a pioneer touch screen Bluetooth stereo installed instead of the factory stereo/navigation. But now that I looked at the wiring behind the stereo I can see that the guy didn't really know anything or care about safety because it's a straight fire hazard. The factory wiring is all cut up. All the adapters and everything are all cut up. There are loose wires, capped wired, spliced wires and all. I want to fix this mess of wiring but I'm probably going to have a shop rewire it all and do it right later. For now, i want to know if my factory amp works? Like is the aftermarket stereo and factory amp working together? Or is it bypassed already? I want to add a subwoofer and amp but not sure how to wire it in with the previous owners mess

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...