Weird anomaly

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dawson25

CarAudio.com Newbie
Canada
So I installed a 350 watt Infiniti Kappa sub with an mtx audio amp, and it worked amazing. I was very pleased. Now I drove it twice, bumping along. But when I went out for the third time I had no bass. I checked all connections and fuses and it's fine, the amp just won't turn on. I checked with a DMM and have 13 volts across ground and positive and 9 volts on remote turn on. Dead amp you say? No. I brought it inside and hooked it up to an Xbox power supply and it works fine. I'm really stumped guys any help would be amazing

Wont go easy on ya buddy.. i'm NOT in the mood. You have a bad ground!! Fix it now or else...
Okay so what's the best way to ground it? I have it on a bolt for the rear seat latch that I sanded the coating off of. My seat bolts are all rusty (cars a POS) so what does that leave me

I'd try another place to ground but look at your engine grounds first. If your car is a "pos" they maybe on their way out.
Ground strap was answer! Good call. I put a jumper cable from battery to fender and sub started working again. Also fixed my super dim headlights. Thought they were just dim because they are yellowed.

Ground strap was answer! Good call. I put a jumper cable from battery to fender and sub started working again. Also fixed my super dim headlights. Thought they were just dim because they are yellowed.
The majority of issues you'll find are related to bad grounding. One of the first things to check, if not the first.

Ground strap was answer! Good call.
People don't realize how important those grounds are. Sounded great/pounding... then no start is my exp with engine grounds.
I thought it was covered but I crisped a 0ga run and NOTHING was visible but left me and Dre stranded at a D-Backs game... BIG parking lot.
No tools and we, or I got lucky... 6" into the engine ground/0ga.strap it cooked... powder inside.
The wire jacketing looked fresh.
But... something told me to look.
That 0ga was crisped in the middle (Old single CCA run)... I thought since it's a a short run (6")... well... a factory strap would've been hidden and worse (Big 3 MEANS BEING THOUROUGH).
I had to cut the wire down and reset but equate your grounds with your current, even be stoopid and do the big 2 X big 3 like me... but use the correct Ga. always and be sure of your grounds.
No ground issues here... only user issues.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.