Car Audio Competition OG Coming Out Of Retirement. Make Me A Champ Again!

:nod:

We're talking DC, DD, Sundown, et al, and he's talking about WalMart Duals are one of his fav subs. Lmao.

No way in h-e- double hockey sticks.

Look, I'm all for budget gear, but don't give me that crap. There is a price to performance ratio that needs to be maintained to achive any kind of desireable results.

If you want to have fun with a super budget build for SPL comps for giggles, sure... go ahead and waste $30 on some Duals or XPlodes or whatever, but you're obviously not a kid and not looking to waste money for some laughs.

I took $23 Pyle subs to world finals last year and took home 3rd in the world. They took a beating. Would I recommend them to an adult looking for a solid system? No. Would I recommend them to a high school kid making minimum wage? Maybe, because everybody deserves the lows. But I would do it with the caveat that he save for better gear.

It's the same with that stupid little AudioPipe mini 1500 that's the fourm bo ner right now. It's just NOT for people that have the means for something that isn't disposeable.

$1k is a VERY solid budget. Nowhere in "I have one thousand dollars to spend" should ther be recommendations for Dual, XPlode, Pyle, AudioPipe or whatever. $1k is grown folk's territory.

wife that wants/encourages an ear destroying system? .......she's a keeper //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

We're talking DC, DD, Sundown, et al, and he's talking about WalMart Duals are one of his fav subs. Lmao.

Look, I'm all for budget gear, but don't give me that crap. There is a price to performance ratio that needs to be maintained to achive any kind of desireable results.

If you want to have fun with a super budget build for SPL comps for giggles, sure... go ahead and waste $30 on some Duals or XPlodes or whatever, but you're obviously not a kid and not looking to waste money for some laughs.

I took $23 Pyle subs to world finals last year and took home 3rd in the world. They took a beating. Would I recommend them to an adult looking for a solid system? No. Would I recommend them to a high school kid making minimum wage? Maybe, because everybody deserves the lows. But I would do it with the caveat that he save for better gear.

It's the same with that stupid little AudioPipe mini 1500 that's the fourm bo ner right now. It's just NOT for people that have the means for something that isn't disposeable.

$1k is a VERY solid budget. Nowhere in "I have one thousand dollars to spend" should ther be recommendations for Dual, XPlode, Pyle, AudioPipe or whatever. $1k is grown folk's territory.
your nothing but a complete moron **** tool...your sitting here reccamending 400+ dolalr stuff for ONE speaker for a BUDGET like the TOOL you are...

your the exact narrow minded IDIOT i was talking about in that post thanks point proven...

pretty sure i wasnt even telling him HEY go buy dual

umm tool? oh yeah

Makes perfect sense... Yes I'm 36 and looking for good quality ****. I saw your Pyle video, nicely done btw. Reminds me of my 1980 Malibu with 4 12" RF powers hooked up to 2 RF Power 1000's. I hit just over 150 and I was always putting my rear window back in after it would shake out.

This is why I'm wondering if I should just grab this W7 12" in the HO box for 300 for now and power it with a new school DD or DC amp... I'm only saying that because I am older and "probably" won't go back into SPL comps... I've had the W7 12 HO box and it did satisfy the bass I'm looking for in my everyday driver. I'm looking for low 25hz sustained bass that will roll through me and not >100hz punch. I'm still gonna look into the ones you recommended though.

I have a great base to start on because of you guys. Many thanks. Still feel free to chime in peeps...

wife that wants/encourages an ear destroying system? .......she's a keeper //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Haha she sure is... I wasn't with her when I had a system and she LOVES good music. Wait till she hears what I'll end up with.

your nothing but a complete moron **** tool...your sitting here reccamending 400+ dolalr stuff for ONE speaker for a BUDGET like the TOOL you are...
your the exact narrow minded IDIOT i was talking about in that post thanks point proven...

umm tool....
Further destroying your credibility.

Which part of "I took $23 subs to world finals" is narrow minded? Or the fact that I said, "I say XL or bust BUT that will kill your budget"

If you enjoy your WalMart sub then great. But you can not honestly put them in a Pepsi challenge against the likes of all of the other suggestions. What amp would you recommend? The Dual to match? Maybe the WalMart wiring kit too, huh? He can do his entire system from walmart and pocket the $914.12 he'll have left over. That's a real helpful and incredibly insightful suggestion.

I'm not sure if the insults were supposed to get a rise out of me or try to convince the OP that I am indeed a fool, moron and narrow minded idiot, but I think you've succeeded in proving that one of us is.

Tell us about the other gear that you've used to come to the conclusion that your Duals should be one of your all time favorite subs. What were your listening impressions? What material did you put through them?

Maybe your budget is $100, but his is significantly higher. And as such, higher quality components should be suggested. Does the total have to be $1k? No. But at least make the suggestions befitting of the intent.

Haha, yeah this is so true! DC, DD, s*&t. Orion, Lanzar, RF, Kicker, Precision Power, Dr. Crankenstein, etc...
I may get back into competition but until then, I need car bass... Home audio isn't cutting it. I am also a producer so I can kick back and listen to HQ on my Dynaudio BM6a's but there is no SPL in anything but a car/truck cabin. I guess I'll work on building a box or getting a custom built one.

Oh, it's going in an Escalade and I will be dedicating the entire cargo area to subs. I'm going to fire them forward so I can still put family crap on top for when we go on trips etc... It will be a stealth install. I'm going to start with 2k.

As far as budget, I'd like to keep the subs and amp under a grand. 500 for the JL setup is nicer but I'm slowly getting blown away by the DC subs the more I research.

pretty sure i wasnt even telling him HEY go buy dual

umm tool? oh yeah
Uh oh.... I don't see this going anywhere good...

Further destroying your credibility.
Which part of "I took $23 subs to world finals" is narrow minded? Or the fact that I said, "I say XL or bust BUT that will kill your budget"

If you enjoy your WalMart sub then great. But you can not honestly put them in a Pepsi challenge against the likes of all of the other suggestions. What amp would you recommend? The Dual to match? Maybe the WalMart wiring kit too, huh? He can do his entire system from walmart and pocket the $914.12 he'll have left over. That's a real helpful and incredibly insightful suggestion.

I'm not sure if the insults were supposed to get a rise out of me or try to convince the OP that I am indeed a fool, moron and narrow minded idiot, but I think you've succeeded in proving that one of us is.

Tell us about the other gear that you've used to come to the conclusion that your Duals should be one of your all time favorite subs. What were your listening impressions? What material did you put through them?

Maybe your budget is $100, but his is significantly higher. And as such, higher quality components should be suggested. Does the total have to be $1k? No. But at least make the suggestions befitting of the intent.
like i said idiot..did you read the rest of the post that states that i currently own 2 AUDIOPIPE 3000DS, 2 15 INCH JBL W15 GTI MKII, 4 2011 ROCKFORD T1'S, A ROCKFORD T2000

should i further go on to mention i owned orion hcca, JL w7, rockford t1500bd, soundstream spl170, soundstream rubicon amps, audiopipe eye candys, jl w6's, rockford hx2, yes dual, sony audiopipe 1500ds

and still much more not everything no doubt

but if you read it i said bang for buck basically

I wouldn't take that the wrong way. He wasn't insulting you... He just said he went to the finals with Pyle's and listed them in the same category as Xplod, etc... He knows what I'm looking for and probably just misunderstood your statement. I was a little taken back when you mentioned Walmart myself but read it again and see what you meant...
What are duals anyway? Lol
it was an insult directly from his first post towards me then the rudeness. none of it was needed or called for and duals are just a crappy little sub u can buy at walmart rated 175 rms i think 550 max on the 12s i dont know idr i just know that they are awesome little cheap subs that in a small box can take a lot more than rated and make very solid bass my ex gf has 3 in her car wired to 1.5 ohms on a audiopipe 1500d and its going strong for over a year and half at least sealed box in an intrepid got her a 200 dollar ticket noise violation

not bad for 90 dollars in subs and 130 dollar amp lol

like i said idiot..did you read the rest of the post that states that i currently own 2 AUDIOPIPE 3000DS, 2 15 INCH JBL W15 GTI MKII, 4 2011 ROCKFORD T1'S, A ROCKFORD T2000

should i further go on to mention i owned orion hcca, JL w7, rockford t1500bd, soundstream spl170, soundstream rubicon amps, audiopipe eye candys, jl w6's, rockford hx2, yes dual, sony audiopipe 1500ds

and still much more not everything no doubt

but if you read it i said bang for buck basically DUMB FUC*
Do you really want to get into an equipment inventory pis sing match with me? Should I go on to mention that I own McIntosh, Linear Power, Zapco, Rainbow, RD, Sundown, Atomic, Boston, AQ, DD, DC... "and still much more not everything no doubt" ? Or maybe you'd like a list of the gear that I HAVE owned, tested, beat the snot out of, etc since the aforementioned list is currently in my car or my garage. I find it laughable that you're actually bragging about owning some of that. Those JBL's are nice though.

I'm sorry you got butt-hurt that I think Duals are garbage. Even for "bang for the buck" apps. In my opinion, in no way, shape or form should Duals be mentioned on a car audio forum... unless it's a punch line.

So XS is the way to go with wires... Got it.
No. XS is the most overpriced wire you can get. Depending on your power, either get Audio Technix 1/0(small company started by a guy that is a vendor here; he just introduced his power wire), Knu Konceptz 1/0, or if you're planning on going with big power, look into welding cable(basically, anything larger than 1/0).

yeh but its annoying ive owned everything from dual to sony, type rs, w7s, t1s, p1s, hx2 i mean i currently own 4 t1s 2 audiopipe 3000ds a rockford t2000 2 15 inch JBL gti MKii
and one of my FAVORITE subs all time have got to be the walmart duals priced at 30 bucks! ive put SERIOUS power into these for good amounts of time without fail like double rated at least ive found them to kick hard in about 1 cube sealed on the 12s lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Wait, so you've used JBL GTi Mk IIs, and your favorite subs are Duals from Walmart? Right...

No. XS is the most overpriced wire you can get. Depending on your power, either get Audio Technix 1/0(small company started by a guy that is a vendor here; he just introduced his power wire), Knu Konceptz 1/0, or if you're planning on going with big power, look into welding cable(basically, anything larger than 1/0).

Wait, so you've used JBL GTi Mk IIs, and your favorite subs are Duals from Walmart? Right...
Oh snap. AudioTechnix. That's what I meant. Not XS. My bad.

And.. thank you for that last statement.

yes i CUyes i currently have 2 of them in my explorer need a box though. but not my most favorite but yes they for the price have been very impressive and very durable under much higher power than they honestly should take.

and for 5 dollars i can get a warrenty that if they blow i get new ones and never even had to use it...

so yes they are one of my favs.

He is ignorant as hell keep going on about how you THINK your making some point though dude whatever makes you feel important obviously your girl aint doin it for ya

Dc is fully legit. A favorite on the forums for sure. I say XL or bust, but a pair of those and your $1k budget is bye bye.
Check out the Crescendo BC2k. Obsidian Audio 15's. Get some XS 1/0. And get in on the "group buy" on AudioSavings.com for an XS power battery. Crutchfiled also has a sale on the AudioControl lc2i for your OEM integration needs. AudioControl is still awesome, by the way.

That will keep you under $1k and get you wangin' for sure.
Taylor, the Crescendo amps seem promising!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.