Car Audio Competition OG Coming Out Of Retirement. Make Me A Champ Again!

An old school system would be dope... My high school budget allotted me a Punch 150 and 2 Punch 12's when I was 15, lol. Back then, the Power Series were unattainable for us... I'll never forget the Rockford Caravan with 4 18's...

why not pay someone to build the box for you honestly if you get the reason person u can get one built for not much more than building it yourself and you can def find someone that knows what they are doing at a decent range even if its not a shop or whatever.

but im not going to lie most peopel on here will recamend good stuff but there are a TON of bias opinions so do your own research too dont just listen to what you get told

also you can get pretty **** loud fairly cheap these days also things like craigslist are gods for this sort of hobby...just make sure you do your research and TESTING BEFORE buying in person off there only

An old school system would be dope... My high school budget allotted me a Punch 150 and 2 Punch 12's when I was 15, lol. Back then, the Power Series were unattainable for us... I'll never forget the Rockford Caravan with 4 18's...

you can find some Power HX2s pretty cheap these days honestly most ppl dont know what they have with em.

Also i am one of the few that run the new rockford line and will back it! i got 4 the 2011 t1s (equevilent of the old T2s) and they impress me truthfully. BUT they are cheap feeling i admit like when i hold one or the cone itself is SOOO easily dented

Dc is fully legit. A favorite on the forums for sure. I say XL or bust, but a pair of those and your $1k budget is bye bye.

Check out the Crescendo BC2k. Obsidian Audio 15's. Get some XS 1/0. And get in on the "group buy" on AudioSavings.com for an XS power battery. Crutchfiled also has a sale on the AudioControl lc2i for your OEM integration needs. AudioControl is still awesome, by the way.

That will keep you under $1k and get you wangin' for sure.

DD 95 series are good at getting loud and the composite cones can handle obscene power levels without shredding.
W7 in a spec box for 300$ is a fair price. It should hold you over til you have time to build a proper box and get loud. Of course all the really powerful amps these days to max power to 1 ohm or even .5 ohm so the 3 ohm coil on the W7 leaves you few good options for amps (besides theirs conveniently enough for them).

DD amps are very much competition oriented, for the most part they do big power into very low impedence. I'm not too impressed with Memphis except for a couple things. Audioque, Sundown, DC, American Bass, Atomic, Crescendo, DD, Incriminator, Cactus, Crescendo, are all popular amps worth looking at. there are a few others that are very similar boards/designs, and many of those are pretty similar to eachother. Top end Rockford amp line is nice. The larger Kicker amps are pretty solid as well... I don't think US Amps is terrible, just not what they used to be... pre-99 is pretty much what the old school fans go for. Precision Power is pretty much a lost cause too these days.

You should have saved your old Power 1000, those are pretty classic.

Speaking of things that have gone down hill, if you ever get back to North Shore, Lynn should pretty much be avoided. I know it was nothing nice in the 90's, and it hasn't improved...
That's what I like to hear... I tend to destroy my systems. I'm a low frequency guy and the lower the better. There is nothing like those slow rolling bass notes... I also enjoy the hard hits.

Those amps you mentioned are ALL new to me except DC. Any stand out?

I'm good with RF and Kicker. I think since there are new players, I want to jump in with a new company. I'm leaning towards DC after seeing Thorshammer on youtube and the excursion on this one

Precision Power is no good!?!? Wow, I would have never thought that... Their amps were great but I guess they went out like RF?

My fam is in Malden / Everett so I'll be back there soon... Only been up there twice in 10 years.

Wow bro, thank you for the links... I will check them all out..

400 for the Skar!?!? Not bad at all if they get as low as I want. I need subs to get as low as possible and put my heart in my throat. I like the bass that smashes my heart into my back but I love the lows...

why not pay someone to build the box for you honestly if you get the reason person u can get one built for not much more than building it yourself and you can def find someone that knows what they are doing at a decent range even if its not a shop or whatever.
but im not going to lie most peopel on here will recamend good stuff but there are a TON of bias opinions so do your own research too dont just listen to what you get told

also you can get pretty **** loud fairly cheap these days also things like craigslist are gods for this sort of hobby...just make sure you do your research and TESTING BEFORE buying in person off there only
I agree with Craigslist. The only problem is finding the little guys for sale... Most is mainstream crap.

I noticed people are biased in car audio. We all are. Once we decide on what to get, we tend to think it's the best... I love the versatility.

As far as a box, I noticed some guys on ebay named fatbox make some good quality stuff. I'm gonna look into them. I want loud yes but my thing is the low lows... 20-35hz.

you can find some Power HX2s pretty cheap these days honestly most ppl dont know what they have with em.
Also i am one of the few that run the new rockford line and will back it! i got 4 the 2011 t1s (equevilent of the old T2s) and they impress me truthfully. BUT they are cheap feeling i admit like when i hold one or the cone itself is SOOO easily dented
Haha, I back RF 100% also but I just heard that they stick the same components into new and bigger cases. Doesn't make them bad at all... They were ahead of the game back then and just keep their top end stuff around. Sorta like the Valentine One Radar Detector. Been around forever and still the ish.

I agree with Craigslist. The only problem is finding the little guys for sale... Most is mainstream crap.
I noticed people are biased in car audio. We all are. Once we decide on what to get, we tend to think it's the best... I love the versatility.

As far as a box, I noticed some guys on ebay named fatbox make some good quality stuff. I'm gonna look into them. I want loud yes but my thing is the low lows... 20-35hz.
yeh but its annoying ive owned everything from dual to sony, type rs, w7s, t1s, p1s, hx2 i mean i currently own 4 t1s 2 audiopipe 3000ds a rockford t2000 2 15 inch JBL gti MKii

and one of my FAVORITE subs all time have got to be the walmart duals priced at 30 bucks! ive put SERIOUS power into these for good amounts of time without fail like double rated at least ive found them to kick hard in about 1 cube sealed on the 12s lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yeh but its annoying ive owned everything from dual to sony, type rs, w7s, t1s, p1s, hx2 i mean i currently own 4 t1s 2 audiopipe 3000ds a rockford t2000 2 15 inch JBL gti MKii
and one of my FAVORITE subs all time have got to be the walmart duals priced at 30 bucks! ive put SERIOUS power into these for good amounts of time without fail like double rated at least ive found them to kick hard in about 1 cube sealed on the 12s lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
You just ruined all of your credibility.

Haha, I back RF 100% also but I just heard that they stick the same components into new and bigger cases. Doesn't make them bad at all... They were ahead of the game back then and just keep their top end stuff around. Sorta like the Valentine One Radar Detector. Been around forever and still the ish.
well not quite with the new line people will argue but in reality they changed A LOT between the past years where they were all the same their new stuff amps such as the bdcp the t1500 for example can put out almost 3000 rms the old t1500bd series didnt touch that.

the new style t1s have a built in fuse also which is how u wire it to different ohm loads

i mean there are probably better for the price but there are also much worse at higher prices

Dc is fully legit. A favorite on the forums for sure. I say XL or bust, but a pair of those and your $1k budget is bye bye.
Check out the Crescendo BC2k. Obsidian Audio 15's. Get some XS 1/0. And get in on the "group buy" on AudioSavings.com for an XS power battery. Crutchfiled also has a sale on the AudioControl lc2i for your OEM integration needs. AudioControl is still awesome, by the way.

That will keep you under $1k and get you wangin' for sure.
**** so DC is a budget breaker I see... Level 5 12" is about $600.00 and an XL 12" is $410.00. Maybe I can try to work out a single Level 5 12", 15" or 18"...

I will definitely check out the Crescendo and Obsifian. So XS is the way to go with wires... Got it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.