Capacitors wires question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Russ130

CarAudio.com Newbie
I going to install a 3000 watt peak power system in my car. I want to add a capacitor in it as well. What gauge wire should I use? I know if I was not running a capacitor I should used 0 gauge. Should I still use 0 gauge or can I use smaller gauge?

Capacitors are usless unless you're using banks that have ~200f+. Sounds like you're using one of those cheap 1-3f caps. Useless, don't use it.

I doubt you're actually putting "3000w peak" in if you're talking about a cheap capacitor. Ditch the cap and just get 4 gauge ofc. That's all you need.

Quit looking at peak power. My guess is your gonna run 1/2 that which most of the time is RMS power, root mean squared, continuous power.

And ditch the cap. It's just a band aid cheap route to beef up your electrical. You want to at least do the big 3. Plenty of YouTube vids/know how.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.