Capacitors or batteries?

caraudiogod
10+ year member

Kansas
I've got a good setup just needing an extra little umph. Which is better adding capacitors or isolating a small battery?

Just for reference I'm running 4 pioneer premier subs off of an Alpine MRV-T1507 for low end. And Boston Acoustic 4 inch components and Memphis 4x10s on 2 seperate Alpine MRV-T407. All three amps are running aprox. 2000 watts.

I tend to like a battery better, because a cap is just a patch blah, blah, blah. You've heard it before. Go with a battery.

The only priblem with adding an extra battery. Is if your alternator is already struggling. An extra battery is going to do more harm than good. As the second battery has to be charged also. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I run 2 Die Hard Golds. Both both 750cca. One under the hood and one in the trunk. I haven't had any problems with the alternator or keeping them charged.

A lot of newer cars come with a little more heavy-duty alternator 'cause the factory figures that you'll more than likely add a few things.

And I'm not saying there will be any problems. But the original poster says he needs a little extra "umph". If he already has power problems an extra battery will do more harm than good. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ramos is right.....and the fastest way to get power to amps is a new alternator, because they can react to loads within milliseconds....next fastest is capacitors, only work well though with a healthy charging system....and slowest is batteries....but if your alternator has trouble charging the stock one, why add another???

Originally posted by taylor ramos is right.....and the fastest way to get power to amps is a new alternator, because they can react to loads within milliseconds....next fastest is capacitors, only work well though with a healthy charging system....and slowest is batteries....but if your alternator has trouble charging the stock one, why add another???
Capacitors 'react' (using the term lightly) fastest out of the three...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.