Batteries

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fabian12

CarAudio.com Recruit
Trying to figure out how many batteries (ah) needed to properly abuse my zv5 15.
gear: SIA 3500d, Zv5 15, Big 3 + 2/0awg power and grounds , 60ah regular battery up front, and 100ah agm in the rear.

System sounds great into the very loud lows, but kinda breaks up (assuming power drops) when running for more than a minute or 2 at 85% volume then goes back to "normal"
Im trying to figure out how much reserve capacity I need to let it scream at full power for 15-20sec without dropping power. (fyi-voltage does not drop below 14.2 when this issue occurs) advice appreciated
*forgot to add that I also have a 240-280a alternator*

Last edited:
Trying to figure out how many batteries (ah) needed to properly abuse my zv5 15.
gear: SIA 3500d, Zv5 15, Big 3 + 2/0awg power and grounds , 60ah regular battery up front, and 100ah agm in the rear.

System sounds great into the very loud lows, but kinda breaks up (assuming power drops) when running for more than a minute or 2 at 85% volume then goes back to "normal"
Im trying to figure out how much reserve capacity I need to let it scream at full power for 15-20sec without dropping power. (fyi-voltage does not drop below 14.2 when this issue occurs) advice appreciated
I would start looking at an HO alternator,(250 amp up to 300) keep the stock for Emergencies if needed temp. until you decide on a new HO alt.
What Vehicle and what size is the Stock alternator? Most vehicles you can only get maybe a 140 amp alt. Max. at the local auto parts stores

Then you have a different issue.
I would be interested to see if the issue isn't how he has determined voltage is staying so high trying to run a 3500W amp on factory charging system + only 1 additional battery. I'd consider HO alternator + another 100AH sized AGM would be more appropriate and probably another 100AH AGM on top of that to be a bit more reliable. OR lead acid delete and get into lithium.

I would start looking at an HO alternator,(250 amp up to 300) keep the stock for Emergencies if needed temp. until you decide on a new HO alt.
What Vehicle and what size is the Stock alternator? Most vehicles you can only get maybe a 140 amp alt. Max. at the local auto parts stores
I forgot to add that I have a Js HO alt, think its 240-280a. Im in an 08 civic

Last edited:
I would be interested to see if the issue isn't how he has determined voltage is staying so high trying to run a 3500W amp on factory charging system + only 1 additional battery. I'd consider HO alternator + another 100AH sized AGM would be more appropriate and probably another 100AH AGM on top of that to be a bit more reliable. OR lead acid delete and get into lithium.
I forgot to add that I have a 240-280a HO alt, so I guess another 100ah agm in the rear is the best plan. cant think of anything else

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...