help me stop some rattling

Participant count
  • Participant list

crzybob77
10+ year member

This question is kind of a long shot, but i will ask anyways. I have a 1997 Ford Taurus GL. There is a long carpeted cover that covers my rear speakers that goes all the way across the back window and has the 2 speaker grills in it. That is about the best I can explain it. You can kinda see what I am talking about if you look on my web site (just click on the WWW thing), but i dont really have any good pics of it on there. If you look at the 3rd pic, you can kinda see through the back window. Anyways, this thing rattles quite a bit. I am not real sure how to make it stop. It seems like there is too much space between the metal part of the rear deck where the speakers are mounted and the carpet cover thing to put in minimum expanding foam. If you just sit in the back seat and press down on the cover, most of the rattling stops. Anyways, if anybody knows anything about the taurus model i have or just have any ideas, please let me know. Oh yeah, if you look on my site at the picture that shows the bottom of my rear speakers, you can kinda see up into what I am talking about through the big hole in the middle. Sorry for the long post, i was trying to be descriptive.

wow, i didnt think any one had this problem... i have a 1997 ford contour gl which i guess is similar. first off my car didnt come with speakers there we cut a hole out in the rear deck to make room for them. i am wondering if yours came with it... from what the picture looks like, i think they might not have come with it but the hole that they made for your speakers was made just right. i know why mine rattles is because the hole they made for the 6.5' speaker is to big which means that only two out of the four screws are in and so when it is loud it jumps a little bit and hits the metal. i put a sock on that part and it stopped a little bit but i think they grill is loose but i dont know how to take it off... im not sure about you but try putting a sock or something around there and ytoull be suprised!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.