amount of batteries

prizm01

CarAudio.com Recruit
maine
i currently have 3 batteries in my car with a ho alternator and it runs around 13 volts with the new subs, looking to get the voltage up and was wondering if adding another battery or two would really help or not, thanks for looking!!

i currently have 3 batteries in my car with a ho alternator and it runs around 13 volts with the new subs, looking to get the voltage up and was wondering if adding another battery or two would really help or not, thanks for looking!!
Questions above as well as...What size is the HO alternator you have in at the moment and what type of Batteries are you using? what size is your Power/Supply and ground wiring and what are you supplying for the demand? Have you done the Big3 yet?

400 amp, 3 agms optima red tops, 2 runs of 1/0 ofc for power and two runs of ground also 1/0, its a 1999 chevy prizm
Questions above as well as...What size is the HO alternator you have in at the moment and what type of Batteries are you using? what size is your Power/Supply and ground wiring and what are you supplying for the demand? Have you done the Big3 yet?

400 amp, 3 agms optima red tops, 2 runs of 1/0 ofc for power and two runs of ground also 1/0, its a 1999 chevy prizm, i have done big 4 already

The voltage on a 99 prizm is going to be controlled by the voltage regulator on the alternator.

What kind of system do you have in a 99 prizm?

Is 13 volts with the stereo off, and just that's your standard voltage? - If it is, then it's your alternator.

The voltage on a 99 prizm is going to be controlled by the voltage regulator on the alternator.

What kind of system do you have in a 99 prizm?

Is 13 volts with the stereo off, and just that's your standard voltage? - If it is, then it's your alternator.
14.9 with headlights and ac on without sound system hooked up, hooked up to my amps ecspecially my class ab mids and highs amps at goes all the way down to 13.9 instantly

What amps are you using?
Dropping the voltage by 1 volt by just turning amps on sounds crazy! Your electrical at first glance seems solid.

Is this behavior typical of A/B amps?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...