Can't find a 5in x 18in Port

Ramrod
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ozark, Mo
I need a 5in Port and I'm having a hard time even finding 5in PVC... I would like to have clear pipe, but will settle for anything as I can just paint it if need be. Would be even better if I can get the horned ends..

Thanks in advance

Psychoport's aren't happening for awhile I think. Could just make a slot port with .75" or 1" plexi
Looked them up, They are metal...Can that change the sound?

Its for a 4th order Bandpass with a blow through the rear deck...

Looked them up, They are metal...Can that change the sound?
Its for a 4th order Bandpass with a blow through the rear deck...

No. I'm saying psychoport's aren't being made for like 6 months. No the metal is fine. I was talking about ordering 1" thick plexiglass sheets and making a slot port of you wanted clear.

I've got a ton of 6" PVC sitting in my garage. It wasn't cheap, but I could maybe sell some. Shipping would be the biggest cost.

Edit: Never mind, wouldn't be worth it for either of us.

Try Lowes, that's where I bought mine.

Thank you... Nice find... Not exactly 5in, but 4.75 and 5.75... Very close... hopefully they will work.

Quick question and last one about this link... Having the OD @ 5in and in the ID @ 4.75in... That would be a 1/16th wall thickness.. Is that going to work? Sounds thin......

Also found....

https://www.interstateplastics.com/Acrylic-Clear-Cast-Tube-ACRCLC.php?sku=ACRCLC&vid=201502022248-8p&thickness=5.000&dim2=1.250&dim3=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you... Nice find... Not exactly 5in, but 4.75 and 5.75... Very close... hopefully they will work.
Quick question and last one about this link... Having the OD @ 5in and in the ID @ 4.75in... That would be a 1/16th wall thickness.. Is that going to work? Sounds thin......

Also found....

https://www.interstateplastics.com/Acrylic-Clear-Cast-Tube-ACRCLC.php?sku=ACRCLC&vid=201502022248-8p&thickness=5.000&dim2=1.250&dim3=1
what did you end up getting?

I'm on the same boat now but i need 28" of 5" pipe

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.