4th order design questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

raptor727
10+ year member

come get some!!
pensacola FL
hello gentlemen it's been a long time since I've been on here but I've recently come across eight hdc3 15 and I plan on doing a fourth-order enclosure in my Chevrolet Tahoe. This will be my first fourth order so I have all the typical questions that come along with it I've built many standard enclosures and need to know what goes into the process of a fourth-order. How do you figure out tuning and airspace required for each sub? Does it differ when it comes to a 4th? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

You need to do a 6th order with those subs, suspension is way too stiff for a 4th. Unless they've been rebuilt with soft parts specifically for a 4th.

I ran 6 HDC4 18's in a 6th, worked out prett well. If you're considering a 6th PM me and I can give you some pointers on what I learned along the way...

My hdc3 18s did model better in a 6th order than a 4th on winisd. The 4th needed a huge port or else there was a lot of port noise A 4th order wall with 8 15s will require a lot of space and cant really go big with the sealed to port ratios to get that db gain. I would just do a normal ported.

Normal ported C- pillar wall it is. Wife wants me to keep the back seat so... I guess I can only fit six but it should still be nasty

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.