Help me find an ideal 15” sub

Brax1942

CarAudio.com Newbie
Arkansas
Ok so I am at the point in my build where I need to start picking out my subs. I will be using a round enclosure the size of a 35” x 16” tire. My vehicle is a Ford Excursion. Subs will be two 15”. Amps are going to be two 1,000 watt class D amps with dsp and Bluetooth. Budget will be $250 to $350 for each sub. Not looking for SPL but rather good tight sound quality. I don’t listen loud. Music is mostly 80’s and 90’s rock. Any suggestions?

That would be roughly 8.5 to 9 cu ft. 2 of these tuned to 24hz in would work exceptionally well.

Do you already have the enclosure, or are you saying that's the amount of space you have to work with?

The 15" SQLs have a recommendation from stereo integrity of 4.25 each ported tuned to 22 Hz. You could always tune the box a bit higher to your preference, but I recommend the SQL .

Do you already have the enclosure, or are you saying that's the amount of space you have to work with?

The 15" SQLs have a recommendation from stereo integrity of 4.25 each ported tuned to 22 Hz. You could always tune the box a bit higher to your preference, but I recommend the SQL .
That’s a very nice sub. I’m in a little disagreement on the 22 HZ tuning for a daily driver though. That’s more of a home theatre type tuning, unless someone likes to float bags or shirts in the window playing low frequency tones. The low tunings are really fun if you’re the person who films videos floating a hoodie, but for just playing music I’d tune a tad higher. It’s hard to get enough port area to avoid port noise when tuned that low. Ports get super long when tuning in the low 20s.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...