Can my car handle these two amps?

I've actually been wanting to do the big 3 but its getting alittle cold out here. I do have about 20 ft of 4 gauge wire in my garage. Does the big 3 have to be done with 0 gauge? Or would 4 gauge be ok? I want to stay my stock wire is 8 gauge.
Stock Camry electrical will dim lights when you use power windows. For your purposes upgrade big 3 with #4 would be fine and a good improvement in general. Make sure your primary battery is solid and you'll be fine.

Stock Camry electrical will dim lights when you use power windows. For your purposes upgrade big 3 with #4 would be fine and a good improvement in general. Make sure your primary battery is solid and you'll be fine.
^^This. If you don't plan on going bigger. If you see yourself adding more down the road, do it in 1/0AWG. If you don't think you will upgrade, then 4AWG will definitely be sufficient.

I dont think I'll really going to upgrade the sound system anymore in this car once I get the speakers amped. This my first car and I'm in college so the funds are limited right now. Next upgrade will probably be in a newer car will more high end audio. But I will keep in mind the 0/1 ga for when I want some serious power.

Someone start a thread poll and see how.many people have their big 3 done in 4 gauge
I use to but then I upgraded because I realized the amount of power I was losing!............just joking I did it because it looked better the only real benefit is reduce impedance, wire has resistance and the larger the wire the lower resistance but not by much it matters on long runs but in short ones there's not a big difference and anything is an upgrade to the stock wiring as far as the charging system goes.

Depending on op car most new cars come with 4g already stock. I personally would do the big 3 with ofc 0. Won't be too much more in price anyways

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.