Building my Tantric SHD 12. 6000rms

Its always funny on the forums to see people pop off with BS.. get corrected then reply with "no no what i was trying to say was...".
It was pretty obvious that Julian was referring to looks aren't everything. He's right, people get all jizzy seeing these huge motors, when in fact they could be just huge paperweights, you don't know from a picture.

It was pretty obvious that Julian was referring to looks aren't everything. He's right, people get all jizzy seeing these huge motors, when in fact they could be just huge paperweights, you don't know from a picture.
it wasn't obvious with his original comment but we do understand the point

I've been trying to say similar for a while now and have given up. It is not difficult to make a sub that will handle that kind of power mechanically without breaking, but I doubt there's a coil out there that will do close to that without thermal failure.
Whatever, writing a huge number on amps and woofers has been making people feel good for a long time I doubt anyone wants to hear different.

"No one wants to hear it". I may have missed the post here where anyone asked

And i understand that. But, to say you cant tell from the pic would insinuate we are selling it as something that its not really. Theres no need to tell by the pic. Because it is exactly what its old as

"No one wants to hear it". I may have missed the post here where anyone asked
Claim some preposterous power handling number, act indignant when someone questions it. It's the same thing. Good looking sub and I'm sure it performs admirably, people who know better will call ******** on 6K continuous power handling.

Claim some preposterous power handling number, act indignant when someone questions it. It's the same thing. Good looking sub and I'm sure it performs admirably, people who know better will call ******** on 6K continuous power handling.
obviously cant read as last time on tfades tread...ive already posted its a 5k woofer and as far as people who know wasn't it you who posted that this motor was another 4hp motor and or a variant of the tsns......lololol .....the coil will handle the power clean but that would require someone using an oscope and knowledge......there are so many very educated and knowledgeable people on this forum but they seem to be overshadowed by the keyboard commandos

I have no doubt it would handle 5k of continuous, clean power, but the average person wouldn't be feeding it that much clean power. As a manufacturer, I'd probably rate it at 3k, just because there are going to be people clipping the hell out of their strapped audiopipe amps on these. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif

Obviously, just my $.02. I'm not gonna sit here and say there's no way it'll handle that kind of power; just that the average person would probably blow it at that level. Although, if someone's putting together a system of this magnitude, I'd hope they'd know what they're doing, but we all know that isn't always the case.

obviously cant read as last time on tfades tread...ive already posted its a 5k woofer and as far as people who know wasn't it you who posted that this motor was another 4hp motor and or a variant of the tsns......lololol .....the coil will handle the power clean but that would require someone using an oscope and knowledge......there are so many very educated and knowledgeable people on this forum but they seem to be overshadowed by the keyboard commandos
Lol I'm fucked. Used an oscope but I lack the knowledge

I have no doubt it would handle 5k of continuous, clean power, but the average person wouldn't be feeding it that much clean power. As a manufacturer, I'd probably rate it at 3k, just because there are going to be people clipping the hell out of their strapped audiopipe amps on these. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif
Obviously, just my $.02. I'm not gonna sit here and say there's no way it'll handle that kind of power; just that the average person would probably blow it at that level. Although, if someone's putting together a system of this magnitude, I'd hope they'd know what they're doing, but we all know that isn't always the case.
I don't like the huge power ratings 100% but would rather be honest with them...I could rate them lower like others do but 3k of dirty power will tear it up just as fast

I don't like the huge power ratings 100% but would rather be honest with them...I could rate them lower like others do but 3k of dirty power will tear it up just as fast
Good point. I assumed it would handle 3k of dirty power much longer than 5k.

Good point. I assumed it would handle 3k of dirty power much longer than 5k.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.