Building my Tantric SHD 12. 6000rms

There is a difference from rating a sub to make a consumer base happy and rating a sub based on years of results and an engineer thinking about a goal..and spending countless hours designing something different.. and then making it happen..Luckily with this sub and the other lines Murphy makes is the latter. The SHD is years of testing of his ideas and combining new ideas that are improvements from past designs. If Murphy is confident in the 5000w rating under the the correct operating conditions then why should anyone question it. We all know stuff breaks but like I tell guys you have to know when to turn the vol knob down. It's just common sense. Just because you have 20,000w on tap to throw at your subs doesnt mean you dont have to be responsible doing it.

If you have a car that a manufacture says can do 0-60mph in 3 seconds, does it mean at every stop light your going to push your car to the limits and do 0-60mph in 3 seconds at every stop light? I would hope not.. First off it would get kind of old doing that lol.. and it's people like that that will soon run into a problem and damaging something, hit a light pole, or kill someone else. Being responsible is apart of maintaing a manufacure rating and can be easy as just knowing what your doing and knowing when to back off the vol. I dont know anyone that would want to bang on their **** for 30mins strait at full tilt. First off it is annoying to get your head beat in that long and no matter what the manufacture rating is something will break.

Keep up the good work Tantric and hopefully I will get a chance myself to play with a few of your products in the CRX.

Carry on & Keep bumping and just say no to clipping //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

if you read the thread you will gain more knowledge in the area that you are speaking of
that means he would have to read. seems difficult for most.
I read it all... Telling me it will handle that much power and that its made well (which I never questioned) doesnt mean its musical at all... Typically when you make a sub handle that much power it sounding "musical" goes out the window... Obviously that has a lot to do with the box design but designing a box to make a high power/stiff suspension woofer sound good on music takes away a lot of its power handling ability... Also its very listener subjective too of course

omg its never ending...lol...have you heard one yet, have you tested one yet , NOOOOO so why be so skeptical is it that everyone is prejudice or has never worked with a competent speaker in the past....just because its big doesn't mean that its a turd or a one note wonder. none of my big speakers in the past have ever been one note subs.....open up your minds and do some research

omg its never ending...lol...have you heard one yet, have you tested one yet , NOOOOO so why be so skeptical is it that everyone is prejudice or has never worked with a competent speaker in the past....just because its big doesn't mean that its a turd or a one note wonder. none of my big speakers in the past have ever been one note subs.....open up your minds and do some research
It looks like the kind of product I would love to try out and will be looking forward to seeing how they perform... I was just bringing up some concerns as far as it being a daily sub since I have done a few big motor on a smaller woofers but have now moved more into SQ so I have become picky...

It looks like the kind of product I would love to try out and will be looking forward to seeing how they perform... I was just bringing up some concerns as far as it being a daily sub since I have done a few big motor on a smaller woofers but have now moved more into SQ so I have become picky...
What's the difference in an SQ woofer and non-SQ woofer?

he doesnt want to trump you taylor with his vast knowledge of woofers.
Nope there is just no need to discuss what doesn't need discussed... Me and Taylor talked about it over FB and he is gunna test one of these out for us and post a vid in a daily box... That is if he can get in a box with out injuring himself lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.