Building my Tantric SHD 12. 6000rms

Never said this was the case, I said it CAN happen. An old manufacture did the same thing a few years back. My statement was towards the normal forum boners people have about size of the motors vs the overall performance of the subwoofer.
No. Your statement was "this thing can't take 6k because my ZCON gets stinky on 5k." Direct comparison of this woofer and yours. ZCON... great 3" coil woofer. This is a beast mode 4" coil woofer. Not sure why you'd want to mention them in the same sentence.

It was pretty obvious that Julian was referring to looks aren't everything. He's right, people get all jizzy seeing these huge motors, when in fact they could be just huge paperweights, you don't know from a picture.
You're right that looks aren't everything. And you can't tell from these pictures. Unless you'd like to see the pics of the TL screen when I was throwing almost 7k clamped at it yesterday. Or maybe the picture of the 7 world titles and 7 world records Tantric set at finals this year.

I can understand some of the skepticism and reluctance to believe outrageous claims from some random dude throwing parts together in his garage. But that's not the case here. I will spare you Murphy's resume'. Suffice it to say that he knows wtf he's doing.

My apologies to Hank, but maybe we need to thermal this thing to failure. Then again, I'm sure even that wouldn't be enough for some of the omniscient yahoos on here anyway.

No. Your statement was "this thing can't take 6k because my ZCON gets stinky on 5k." Direct comparison of this woofer and yours. ZCON... great 3" coil woofer. This is a beast mode 4" coil woofer. Not sure why you'd want to mention them in the same sentence.

You're right that looks aren't everything. And you can't tell from these pictures. Unless you'd like to see the pics of the TL screen when I was throwing almost 7k clamped at it yesterday. Or maybe the picture of the 7 world titles and 7 world records Tantric set at finals this year.

I can understand some of the skepticism and reluctance to believe outrageous claims from some random dude throwing parts together in his garage. But that's not the case here. I will spare you Murphy's resume'. Suffice it to say that he knows wtf he's doing.

My apologies to Hank, but maybe we need to thermal this thing to failure. Then again, I'm sure even that wouldn't be enough for some of the omniscient yahoos on here anyway.
no need to fear im here.... im sure ill be pushing it to its limits like i do everything i own.

im just curious to see like a 30min test of 5k clamped on sweeps.

on amps, very few over 4k amps actually make rated power rms.

there is a couple subs out there rated at 10k rms but those ratings get lol'ed at...

im just curious to see like a 30min test of 5k clamped on sweeps.
on amps, very few over 4k amps actually make rated power rms.

there is a couple subs out there rated at 10k rms but those ratings get lol'ed at...
I'm curious too. And it can be arranged. Say... 30-60hz or what?

On amps... you're using the wrong amps.

yah because everyone listens to thier 150+ db music vehicle 30 min at a time full tilt with a solid sinwave. no break in basslines

yah because everyone listens to thier 150+ db music vehicle 30 min at a time full tilt with a solid sinwave. no break in basslines
I was thinking maybe just run 30 min of random Decaf in a typical music box on a pair of 100A power supplies and every battery and cap I owned. Lol. That's about as good as I could get it. And a lot of f'n wire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.