Building my first car audio system, need help!

The DD Audio looks like a very good option. The rockford fosgate R1200 gets a little on the pricey side.
In the States its the other way around, the R1200 is cheaper than any line of DD amps. DD makes great products and they make the loudest subs in the world (their motors are used to make the loudest subs in the world)

That amp on a 1k rms DD or Ground Zero sub in a proper box would give you the crushing lows that you want.

In the States its the other way around, the R1200 is cheaper than any line of DD amps. DD makes great products and they make the loudest subs in the world (their motors are used to make the loudest subs in the world)
That amp on a 1k rms DD or Ground Zero sub in a proper box would give you the crushing lows that you want.
Yeah, DD seems like a legit and robust product. But do you think that amp could even power the 18" ground zero? Or would I need some insane amp?

Yeah, DD seems like a legit and robust product. But do you think that amp could even power the 18" ground zero? Or would I need some insane amp?
You would be underpowering it but that's ok as long as you understand that the gain knob isn't a volume knob and turning it up won't give you any more power if you want it to get louder.

This would be a good choice for lows, note the high roll surround for high excursion and low fs

Nuclear GZNW 15Xmax

The electrical for the amp needed to do that GZ justice will be a little more than an extra battery... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

You would be underpowering it but that's ok as long as you understand that the gain knob isn't a volume knob and turning it up won't give you any more power if you want it to get louder.
This would be a good choice for lows, note the high roll surround for high excursion and low fs

Nuclear GZNW 15Xmax
It could also be an option to get a used amp, or buy an extra one later on for the 18. I have looked at the xmax, and the price of it over here is 1150 dollars, and that is too much //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

The electrical for the amp needed to do that GZ justice will be a little more than an extra battery... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif
So there would be no way to run it without changing the alternator, and wires?

bro... its 450 dollars for that sundown SA 15, and 514 dollars for the SAE after doing conversions. Complete sh*t pricing IMO Literally 1000 dollars for an SA 15 and chinese SAE 1000.1 WHAT???
Yeah his prices are bunk. Their money is .12 on the dollar. But from what I saw from his choices, that would fit in his price range

He needs to be around kr $8600 for sub and amp

Yeah his prices are bunk. Their money is .12 on the dollar. But from what I saw from his choices, that would fit in his price range

He needs to be around kr $8600 for sub and amp
Yeah, I think I will have to bring down my expectations a little hahah.. It would be cool to have an 18, but after browsing a little bit, I have realised that it gets way to expensive. Unless i find some bargain deal, or something "used".

I saw this Ground zero sub tho and it looks to be louder than a SA15, would this sub work with, lets say a 1200 watt RMS amp? Would it be any better than the SA? And is it worth the extra money?

https://bilradiospes.no/produkter/bilstereo/subwoofer-bass/15-16-tommer/gzhw-38spl

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.