building custom box for GTO

Participant count
  • Participant list

izakbailey

hey guys. Im pretty new to designing and constructing sub boxes and im in need of some help. I just bought a 2004 gto and its a little lacking in the bass department. It has 2 6.5 midbass drivers stock in the back deck but they aren't enough. im looking to get a little more boomy bass but this car has a fuel tank in the trunk so i cant loose any trunk space. i had an idea on building a custom box to go in between the two back bucket seats but im at a loss on designing it.

The available space i have is 7" wide, 9" deep, and 27" tall.

Because the box is only 7 inches wide i was going to go with 2-6.5 subs in a ported, vented, or T-line box but im not sure if that can be achived in that space.

For drivers i was wanting to try 2 Tang Band W6-1139SIF 6-1/2"

Their specs are here : Tang Band W6-1139SIF 6-1/2" Paper Cone Subwoofer Speaker

Ive tried using some box building apps buts its all foreign language to me. I was wanting to try to make a vented or ported box to achieve some more boomy bass but i don't know if its possible with those dimensions. so any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

With those dimensions you're at .60 gross. You need .33 net per sub after port and sub displacement if you went ported and thats on the smaller end. Can you go bigger in any direction?

If I have to I can go a max of 12" deep, but width an height would have to stay the same. Sorry for my ignorance on the subject. I've never had to mess with building my own box. Thanks for the reply.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.