• Thread starter Black
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 2K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
B

Black

I was wonderin if I could get 1 12 to sit in the box normal and one up side down so the magnet is visable and have the 2 hooked together, I have 2 1208X's audiobahn 12's and if I mount the upside down 12 could I have that side of the box smaller? or would the box have to be one big box??

u have to wire the subs out of phase(ithink that's the right term).

however the sub is wired inside the box the one facing in has to be opposite. ie; inside sub + is + and - is- on the one facing in it would be + is- and - is+. i'm not for sure on box size, try to holler at ramos, he posted an answer to this question somwhere is on the forum. i'll try to find it and let u know.

Originally posted by Black I was wonderin if I could get 1 12 to sit in the box normal and one up side down so the magnet is visable and have the 2 hooked together, I have 2 1208X's audiobahn 12's and if I mount the upside down 12 could I have that side of the box smaller? or would the box have to be one big box??
THe previous statement about wiring the inverted driver out of phase is correct.

You could build the box divided or one big box. The only thing you will gain by inverting mounting the sub. Is the basket displacement. Whch varies from sub to sub. If your subs came with a tech sheet with parameters and such. The basket displacement will be on there. As far as connecting the two together you can do it. You just have to do it outside of the box. What kind of box you got planned ?

The subs are really really worth the money!! they are great subs if you can power them and have room. they are also very heavy too which I like! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif well the box that I want to make is kinda hard to explain. its like big and tall on one side and shorter on the other side but large as well... like saying stairs for example. just like that but like only 2 steps. left side of box will be taller and the right side shorter where the sub will sit up side down. when the sub is up side down it will be even with the other sub tho just upside down. its hard to explain... hope you guys understand... its going in a 96 cutlass and the subs again are the 1208X's from audiobahn

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.