Question #2

Participant count
  • Participant list
OK, this is what I am looking for... Thanks to "SLOguy" from another post, here is the info that I think will help you guys out:

Price Range:

$400-$500

Music I listen to:

Ja Rule, DMX, Redman... those types

Kind of box:

Not sure, which ever you guys think is best?

Kind of amp looking for:

Probably around 400w or so..

What kind of sound do I want?:

This is where I made mistake... I definitly want boomy, not the hard hitting... Well, hard hitting is that loud stuff that doesnt really sound like bass like my friends got (the two 12" mdx's) - Like his car... makes your whole body shake and junk, which is ok but the bass doesnt really sound like bass its just a loud thing... lol, sorry if I am confusing!

Just wanna throw this in... when i'm picking a sub, how do i know if its gonna give that boom boom sound, or that crushing loud sound? I was looking at Inifinity P12.1's, and they look pretty good...

If you read last post, it said how I only have a two door tiburon, and havent got the trunk space for anything big... But anyway, can anyone tell me how to tell if the subs are "boom boom" or "bang bang"?

Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

For the type of music you listen to i would recommend you go with a ported box. This will allow you hear those Low bass drops in your type of music. You can do sealed and it will still hit hard, produce tighter bass but just wont hit as low. Also sealed enclosures are usually smaller the ported enclosures.

I reccomend these subs, MMATS (Proffesional Audio Series), Alpine type R's, Image Dynamics (IDQ series), the kicker solobarics should do fine, or Infinity Perfects (maybe a little pricey)

as far as amps, i would reccomend, Bostwick if you can find a dealer, Crossfire, Soundstream, MTX, DEI, or Alpine.

hope this helps, lata

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.