Build recommendations to match subwoofer

Participant count
  • Participants list

mgiara
10+ year member

Hi,

Based on some quick research, I've decided I want to replace my '08 L7 15 with an Image Dynamics IDMAX 15 to retain and slightly increase power output and improve SQ.

I plan on purchasing the "stage 2" sealed box from zeeBay that's matched to the sub, and eventually adding a second.

What amplifier would you recommend pairing the sub with?

Also, I read in another thread that keep hope alive recommended pointing the sub towards the rear passenger corner from the trunk since I'd prefer not sealing off the rear seat-trunk opening.
Would I be okay doing so with this setup, and eventually adding a second to the opposite corner, also pointing towards the rear corner?

I'm seeing the following on the same auction site I mentioned above:

Sub $200 bracket:
Hifonics Zeus ZRX1216.1D
Hifonics BXX1200.1D

$200-$300 bracket:
Kicker 43CXA12001 (While I like its CEA-rated 1200 watt RMS value, I worry about the 2400 watt max output causing harm to the sub)
Rockford Fosgate R1200-1D Prime
Memphis Audio SRX1200D.1

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.