Buick Rendezvous build

This is just a ****ing waste of equipment right here. You have NO IDEA what the tune is of that box, no idea. You guessed? **** dude go in Winisd and plug in some numbers and see how a few points of c/ft of volume change the port dimensions.

This is just a plain old waste of good equipment and potential

Like someone said, you should have built it sealed, fill it with packing peanuts to get volume, then spent the $50 on a beautiful aeroport

well 1st off. **** you. second, its pretty **** close to what i wanted it. it wasnt a guess. ive been building boxes for a while now, i know what im doing. and **** winisd, that program blows. if you know how to do math you dont need a program.

dont tell me what i do and dont know about my own work. you were not here when i designed it. you dont know any thought that went into building this. dont come on here acting like an ass hole for no good reason.

really if you know what you are doing and have exp you can get it pretty **** close, maybe the tuning freq is off a few one way or the other, most of the time you cant tell the difference

thank you jdawg. it may be off by 1hz +/- but like you said, wouldnt be able to tell a differance anyway.

sorry if i over reacted but im putting a lot of time and money into this and that really pissed me off.

No, it wont be off by 1 hz dude, the difference will be huge. And yes you can hear the difference 5 hz in tune will do and can put a sub WELL out of sounding good and using it to its potential. Fill that port and put an aero in there, ur not far into the build yet.

Do it properly

You just wanted a "cool" looking box

no i did the math and i know im not WAY far off.

it should be at 4cuft. tell you what, when im done ill fill it up and if its way off you can laugh at me and say "i told you so".

its been a really long time but i have an update. subs go in today. paint comes later.

P1010043.jpg

P1010042.jpg

P1010041.jpg

WAY too much resin. When there is too much resin in any fiberglass piece, the strength the fiberglass WOULD have slowly decreases, as resin is very brittle by itself. The lack of reinforcement makes cracking almost inevitable.

Also, you should do all of your fiberglass layers in one sitting, and use MINIMAL resin, just enough to wet the mat out. A roller helps with this. If you absolutely MUST do your layers in different sittings, sand the dried layer before applying more mat.

What weight mat did you use? What brand/type of resin? How many layers? I would be very skeptical about using alot of power in that box. I would add layers around the insides of the rings for extra strength.

Edit: Lot's of air bubbles, as well. These are weak points in fiberglass, grind them out and fill them with glass (correctly) or with a fiberglass reinforced body filler, like Duraglass or Kitty Hair.

This is just a ****ing waste of equipment right here. You have NO IDEA what the tune is of that box, no idea. You guessed? **** dude go in Winisd and plug in some numbers and see how a few points of c/ft of volume change the port dimensions.
This is just a plain old waste of good equipment and potential

Like someone said, you should have built it sealed, fill it with packing peanuts to get volume, then spent the $50 on a beautiful aeroport
lolz, last time I checked you didn't know how to do the big 3, yet alone build a proper box. What OP did is somewhat common practice when making a FG enclosure. You can never be perfect, just try to get something to aim at... and if somethings off, he can alter it.

No, it wont be off by 1 hz dude, the difference will be huge. And yes you can hear the difference 5 hz in tune will do and can put a sub WELL out of sounding good and using it to its potential. Fill that port and put an aero in there, ur not far into the build yet.
Do it properly

You just wanted a "cool" looking box
Even if he uses an aero, he'd still be guessing the space, and would probably get the same tune //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Idskot i agree, WOT you still call car audio ICE, quit being a ***.

But OP you are no where near painting that ****, you need alota body filler and alot of sanding. You might be painting next week lol

But a good way to measure volume of a fiberglass enclosure is use something like packing peanuts, get a 12x12x12 cardboard box and pour the peanuts in it to get a reasonable guess.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.