breaking cones?

Implying if they can't glue the surround to pulp they'll get it right glued to composite. Absolutely inexcusable place for a cone to fail.
Soft spot on a cone won't hurt anything though. I've done it from rough handling. If you're worried just reinforce it with a couple square inch piece of fiberglass mat.
right now they ok. bt im adding a lithium another alt and at LEAST doubling power. i really like hte batcap bro. its doing its thing.. no doubt in my mind its at least 3 100 AH as far as discharge. i still have the red top in but its weak AF. reading 12.2 this friday im taking it out and garbbing a deep cycle.

Papermaker, do you not realize that you are once again making yourself look like a fool. hspls is not only humoring you but making it obvious that you are clueless.

Papermaker, do you not realize that you are once again making yourself look like a fool. hspls is not only humoring you but making it obvious that you are clueless.
Z1NPjIh.jpg

Both threads... lol... this is getting ugly.

Im sure you're louder than me... but I'll bet I'm over 140db... I'm pretty sure that's a claim I can back up.
so why comment? real world experience. i'm telling you i'm not impressed with the build. sure they are loud but will they hold up?

so why comment? real world experience. i'm telling you i'm not impressed with the build. sure they are loud but will they hold up?
If the ol' DD's aren't up to snuff... change em' out... better built than bought remember? I'm sure it's gonna get louder eventually... but 160? I'm just talking during this movie... ok... I'll shut up...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/popcorn.gif.32dd9e22fd77e77bc3c907062768fcd2.gif

If the ol' DD's aren't up to snuff... change em' out... better built than bought remember? I'm sure it's gonna get louder eventually... but 160? I'm just talking during this movie... ok... I'll shut up...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/popcorn.gif.32dd9e22fd77e77bc3c907062768fcd2.gif
yea. well i got a quote for 2500 for a set of neo underhung drivers. chances are ill order custom cones and rebuild them. found for 3.018x 3.245 8 layer aluminum coils. should be close to the design with alot stronger cone. if i need 30kw it is what it is. 160 is mine though.

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

you the *****. when yo see the score i bet you don;t want none son.. im waiting to see your build...

No joke, that glue should NOT fail there period. That's absolutely manufacturer defect. I've broke a lot of woofers and never had any separate there.

In general though, 50 cents worth of super glue and that "problem" is fixed and 700$ cones aren't going to make that build loud, nor are composite cones needed for 7K per sub. And all that said, even if 95XX isn't the same as they were I still doubt they're the weak link in this build.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Papermaker85

5,000+ posts
Banned
Papermaker85
New orleans LA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date