Modern equivalent to old Eclipse/Tc sounds subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

stones
10+ year member

Sask
I'm getting back into car audio after a long hiatus raising my kids. I have currently built an Ok system with a couple amps, some after market 6.5's and a single 12. This system will evolve in the future.

So, anyway.. the old system I ran had 2 sealed enclosure Eclipse 8712.8 and a 700 watt rms class a/b amp.

Those subs had extremely low distortion in the higher bass frequencies but would still drop to 20hz without any issues. Other subs I have heard have all had compromises while the Eclipse's did it all, loud, low and accurate all the way up into upper frequencies.

I'm currently running an Earthquake DBXi 12 in 1.8cft tuned to 34hz, its loud and I've got it sounding pretty good but it doesn't have that super clean, fast attack the Eclipse's had.

When I move on to my next woofer I would like to pick up something equivalent to the eclipse's if possible, the NVX XQW series "appears" to be similar but I have never heard them in person.

Is there an equivalent today at a reasonable price?, please let me know.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Yeah that's what I have observed so far as well.

This obsession with high power high volume has really put a damper on things.

I had an sq system in '98 that would top out at a little over 120db's but had a sound that was like busty Angel's whispering in your ears, it had a sound that was so satisfying the volume didn't need to be crazy loud, it was mostly through dumb luck rather than skill and smart investment though, replicating that has proven to be difficult.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.