Boomin_tahoe's s10 build

Back on track...due to some rain we got and started working o/t, again...
Bracket which held the jack is finally cut away....took a little longer but that Dremmel sure comes in handy..

uDoZz7q.jpg

AmsxbAL.jpg

pfVUuCk.jpg

Finally got the amp rack assembled. Hopefully I can sand it down flush and corner rounded tomorrow....letting the glue dry overnight...

3WRtBZb.jpg

hC2wDze.jpg

Doing some test fitting....trimmed a little where needed. Also have a slight hump where the center console back is on the bottom, which explains the cutout on the amp rack...

VbYlyWn.jpg

A little visual....sure does fill up the ext cab area quite a lot!! Hopefully I can get this wired up real soon.

zG0XiUL.jpg
Looks good !

Bro you don’t even meter shlt either... come on beat my score.. I’m waiting you fvcking joke
Im beat the **** with 2 18s when they come in. You didn't even design or build the Box whoever did simply got lucky because you nor he don't know the science behind it if I Wallace 15 up I promise you I'll be doing low to mid-fifties

Last edited by a moderator:
Im beat the **** with 2 18s when they come in. You didn't even design or build the Box whoever did simply got lucky because you nor he don't know the science behind it if I Wallace 15 up I promise you I'll be doing low to mid-fifties
So your trying to start a subwoofer company but yet you order some 18s for another company //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif such a FAIL. And low to mid 50s ain’t shlt, beat my 158.6db sealed on dash or music. It should be no problem for you with how smart you are

Too bad there isn't a feature on this site that wouldn't allow certain people on build logs...you know, that only the thread starter can have control over.
Too bad we don't have active mods to ban pieces of s hit that troll outside of the dome.

Since it came with a small stereo, I noticed the front right speaker in the door sounded like crap. I'd have to look into that later, as it was rainy season and wintertime. The awesome Panasonic HU was replaced with the Alpine 9833 I had laying around in my garage....
pUB08Fe.jpg

gFJ0wEN.jpg

Sounded better but I think the speakers were in bad shape in the doors, and in dash.
When I was installing professionally I always hated having to put HU's in these trucks....that whole fvckin dash coming off...ugh...hated it...I wished they all could been Ford F-1EASY. Cursed S-10 Blazer's and running wires!

Now that I got that out...I always liked the style of that S-10 truck/SUV. They really ushered in the 'not so boxy' look with trucks. I remember my buddies dad got one of the 2-door Blazer's when they were first released...it was dope. Then the Xtreme models...ahh flashbacks to the 90's.

Your HU install looks good...it's nice you didn't use the kit that makes the HU stick out...the flush kit looks much cleaner.

When I was installing professionally I always hated having to put HU's in these trucks....that whole fvckin dash coming off...ugh...hated it...I wished they all could been Ford F-1EASY. Cursed S-10 Blazer's and running wires!
Now that I got that out...I always liked the style of that S-10 truck/SUV. They really ushered in the 'not so boxy' look with trucks. I remember my buddies dad got one of the 2-door Blazer's when they were first released...it was dope. Then the Xtreme models...ahh flashbacks to the 90's.

Your HU install looks good...it's nice you didn't use the kit that makes the HU stick out...the flush kit looks much cleaner.
Thanks. And I had owned a 92 s10 blazer....so that install kit which makes the HU stick out another inch or so I hated it...I still have pics of it. But it was because there was no room behind where the HU would go in. No "slim" HU on the market that I know of lol. Yeah I understand the whole dash removal, in fact, I just lifted it up just enough to work around it. My Tahoe is the same way, well sort of. It has snap in pieces so just pull on it, remove about 4 wire harnesses, and that's it. s10 dash isn't bad once I do it enough times....less than 5 mins to remove 5 screws, a wire harness, done. 2 screws holding the HU.

Port pieces together...
V26LpmA.jpg

zAwDQAp.jpg

9jinPVS.jpg

MfM5tHl.jpg

98SRjm9.jpg

XNhlLN4.jpg

ilSP2Ko.jpg
Doing some testing/listening....this lil guy pounds pretty good. Look at the sawdust that came out the port!!
VERY nice work on the enclosure! looks very precise. I've been aching to build a t-line enclosure. That 8 looks like a beast!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.