Boomin_tahoe's s10 build

9jinPVS.jpg

Were the (2) wood pieces in the front section removed prior to the final assembly?
Yup, made those so I could use them as a guide while gluing/screwing the pieces together....keeping the port width the same throughout. Scrap wood comes in handy sometimes!!

Yup, made those so I could use them as a guide while gluing/screwing the pieces together....keeping the port width the same throughout. Scrap wood comes in handy sometimes!!
I may try a 1/4 wave t-line design for my MASS subs for HT use...with an Fs of 23 I'm looking at about 12 feet of port length...enclosure would be 'yuge' but it would be a fun project.

I may try a 1/4 wave t-line design for my MASS subs for HT use...with an Fs of 23 I'm looking at about 12 feet of port length...enclosure would be 'yuge' but it would be a fun project.
Wow...12 ft. That's lengthly alright. And that's the only downfall of t-lines, because of how long the port is, takes up enclosure space.

Pretty easy to build. Since this is my 1st tline, and build, it's not any different than what I've built in the past. Just a few extra pieces.

Turn it into a coffee table. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Turn it into a coffee table. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I guesstimated the overall dimensions to be 14x36x48-ish...each...and I would be doing a pair of enclosures...I have always thought about making a subwoofer/aquarium stand.....hmmm...

My carpet came today....so I carpet the amp rack. I absolutely **** at carpeting corners/edges. You may spot an area or two that are somewhat noticeable. But...overall it looks fairly good and clean.

bO19PqG.jpg

fE7T4Yg.jpg

MfFlHBB.jpg

lkF6F0L.jpg

TRH6FQj.jpg

LDM91rY.jpg

Hmm.....so while playing diff music types and such, I've noticed the sub powered by the amp can keep up with the speakers currently running of the HU for now... @Jeffdachef, any ideas? Gonna try and see if maybe the settings on the amp need adjusting. I got the d2 sub, wired to 1 ohm, hopefully, I'll check once I pull the sub out and stain the enclosure. Maybe the amp itself isn't really the claimed 800 watts @ 1 ohm....

Hmm.....so while playing diff music types and such, I've noticed the sub powered by the amp can keep up with the speakers currently running of the HU for now... @Jeffdachef , any ideas? Gonna try and see if maybe the settings on the amp need adjusting. I got the d2 sub, wired to 1 ohm, hopefully, I'll check once I pull the sub out and stain the enclosure. Maybe the amp itself isn't really the claimed 800 watts @ 1 ohm....
I see two issues, the port is too far away from a loading wall, you'll have phase issues that will cancel out most of your potential output. Either you get the box closer to the roof or you chop off part of the T line and add some wood for another bend ad the end so the port will turn into a side fire port instead.

Other is massive nano amps are grossly overrated at 1 ohm operations.

[video=youtube;yNaDpsK--8Y]

I see two issues, the port is too far away from a loading wall, you'll have phase issues that will cancel out most of your potential output. Either you get the box closer to the roof or you chop off part of the T line and add some wood for another bend ad the end so the port will turn into a side fire port instead.
Other is massive nano amps are grossly overrated at 1 ohm operations.

[video=youtube;yNaDpsK--8Y]

Ok...Interestingly enough, Chris had suggested to have the sub in the vehicle as so.

well... can you stand the box up and have the box side fire to the passenger side? Just to test.
Suppose I could do that. If it's not raining tomorrow....I mean right now it's not bad, I seen another ext cab on another forum, his was the same way only less box than mine. His was a reg ported enclosure and of course, a better amp, RF. So looks like I'll need to ditch this NX3 and get something better.

---------- Post added at 04:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 AM ----------

**** forgot to include just lacking power to the sub....guess I need to feed it some power.

Suppose I could do that. If it's not raining tomorrow....I mean right now it's not bad, I seen another ext cab on another forum, his was the same way only less box than mine. His was a reg ported enclosure and of course, a better amp, RF. So looks like I'll need to ditch this NX3 and get something better. 

---------- Post added at 04:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 AM ----------

**** forgot to include just lacking power to the sub....guess I need to feed it some power.
yeah i'd play with the box positioning first then amp settings then think about a different amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.