blowthrough questions

Cons are your only really limtied to certain enclosures as far as generic bass reflex to bandpass. And your also limited on woofer size.. I dont like to angle my woofers and keep the axis vertical but some people like to slant the woofers since they wont fit properly.

Here's that gasket I made on a metal break.

2.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

Its bolted to both the bed and the cab... Bed flex is not an issue unless you ever plan on articulating your suspension 4wheeling. It really helped out a ton with the rear window flex.. It dont move at all now.

Also you dont need to do something like this, i did it because I change systems regularly and it was easier to do.. Also my blowthrough opening is quite big.

how much difference did it do for weight in the bed, as in making it sag, and gas mileage and braking. consider a box to take up my whole bed for 4 15's looking at 400-500lbs plus batteries. so around 1000lbs

Im wanting to do one for my 03 silverado ext. cab but I just got it a month or two ago, I can't make myself cut it! Oh but I want to so bad. I'd just do 2 12's or 3-4 tens......I don't really want to have to upgrade to a h/o alt just yet.

Save the pieces and you can always have a professional body shop fix the hole.. I noticed a loss in power and maybe 4mpg but its not really my every day driver. I also have a 500lb box, 300lb in subs and about 150 in batteries.

You must have a pretty big system for it to weight that much.. Got pics?

So what's the best way to do it:

put your box up against the hole and seal with a accordian boot/steel gasket

Or

How did the guy with the 4 memphis 10's do it? His is clean! I'd keep my backseat of course but I like how he made it look seemless from the amp rack to the subs.

havent done it yet, i am wanting to do 4 15's on 10k watts gonna run either btl's, or dc's on two vfl 500.1's along with a pair of mechman or dc alt 250-300amp alt, battery upfront, and 4 at least maybe 6 powermaster batts in teh back w/e it takes to keep the voltage up above 12 at full tilt at idle with the truck on. Prob do around 4-6 runs to the back. for the power.

around 16 cubes tuned to 33hz should be very loud and still be around the low to mid 150's

havent done it yet, i am wanting to do 4 15's on 10k watts gonna run either btl's, or dc's on two vfl 500.1's along with a pair of mechman or dc alt 250-300amp alt, battery upfront, and 4 at least maybe 6 powermaster batts in teh back w/e it takes to keep the voltage up above 12 at full tilt at idle with the truck on. Prob do around 4-6 runs to the back. for the power.
around 16 cubes tuned to 33hz should be very loud and still be around the low to mid 150's

Ah i see... Good luck with 15's... You'll need like a 6th order series.. Like the one guy running the 8 or 6 DC lvl4 15's

I want to run like 12 cheap 12s (hifonics) but I don't think I've got the room. I do but I don't wanna use my WHOLE bed... What I have so far is 21 cubes gross. I wanted to do a bandpass box..may just go with 4 better 12s (maybe type r's) in a bandpass, rather than 12 cheaper 12s ported

do u have pics of ur 6 12s? I don't think I've seen it

Question.. I eventually want a tonnaue (spelling) cover, but I'm wondering.. If I build the box from mdf, then hit it with some sealer of some sort, then I'm going to get some DIY bedliner and brush a few layers of that on the whole bed plus the box, that should be good if it rains right? Amps will be in the cabin so that's not an issue, and I'm going to bolt the box through the bed with a ton of bolts so it won't be able to be lifted.

Has anyone done this?

Even after putting a sealer on the outside of the box + bedliner?

It actually won't be on the box, I'd put a trim panel to make it flush with the bed, then put the sealer on that

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.