New system questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

doox00
10+ year member

Michigan
I just purchased a 2000 passat 4motion and am putting a complete new system in it.

What I have purchsed so far.

Alpine CDA-9887 HU

CTX65CS - Image Dynamics 6.5" Component Speaker System (going to run active, 1 speaker on each channel)

IDQ12V3.D4 - Image Dynamics 12" IDQ Version 3 Dual 4 Ohm Sub

Alpine MRP-F600 100W x 4 Amp

Alpine MRP-M500 500W x 1 Mono Power Amp

25sq ft of dynamat clone stuff off ebay (edead xtreme)

5 yards Cabinet Carpet Charcoal 54" Wide

Power wire/speaker wire

Inline fuse for battery and fuse block for the trunk

ALPINE KCA-SC100 SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO INTERFACE

Ipod Cable

So sometime next week I will start the install. I am going for a clean install. I am just running the single 12" in a sealed enclosure (which I am building). I want to preserve as much of my trunk as possible. Would like some ideas of enclosure design and amp rack ideas for the trunk. Any Passat (sedan) owners out there have some suggestions? Or anyone with a sedan have some nice photos of their setup to give me ideas?

thanks all

Everything looks good, except maybe the sound deadener. IIRC edead is very hard to use and will smell afterwards, im not 100% sure though...
I have used it before in my previous car.. just in the doors.. had no problem with it. I refuse to pay dynamat prices //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Maybe this edead is not has good as dynamat but I figured its better than nothing and the price was right //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You need way more deadener too. But other than that, pretty much one of the best "noob" setups I've seen. Good luck and look forward to the build log. I always liked Passats. Look at this box here: http://www.millionbuy.com/hbx12sqtc.html

I'm running it. I had planned on going IB with my RL-p and was just going to use this as a temp box, but it has served me very well. And for about $30 shipped, hard to beat.

You need way more deadener too. But other than that, pretty much one of the best "noob" setups I've seen. Good luck and look forward to the build log. I always liked Passats. Look at this box here: http://www.millionbuy.com/hbx12sqtc.html
I'm running it. I had planned on going IB with my RL-p and was just going to use this as a temp box, but it has served me very well. And for about $30 shipped, hard to beat.
That box is 1.42 cubic feet (internal size)? ID says to use .65 - 1.0 cubic feet for the sub I purchased. Anyone know if they counts the displacement for the sub? How do you determine the displacement for the sub btw?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.