opinions on my box designs

kboyts
10+ year member

OH
Im new to the board and was wondering if I could get everyones opinions on these boxes .

Do you see any benifit to one over the other and if so why?

They are two options I was looking at for a Type R 10.

SubBoxPlans.jpg

subboxplans2.jpg

Personally, i would do more around 1.5 @ 30-32hz for a daily setup. And i would want more port area.
OK I was just basing them off the info in the Alpine manual, its suggested 1 cube net tuned to 35 Hz

Out of curiousity why would you run more volume then what the spec sheet says?

Does this one look a little better? I really dont want to go any bigger, as the purpose of this single ten was to downsize the box from my 2 12's. This box is already approaching the size of the old one.

But being ported vs the sealed 12's. And a better quality sub (type R 10 vs 15 year old waveform 12's) I'm hoping to keep the output similar if not a little better with the new setup.

subboxplans4.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.