blowthrough questions

orangecounty1
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Tampa, FL
well some people are talking me into doing a blowthrough...... i may or may not...i have a ton of room though since its an 8 foot bed, so ill still have room to put **** in the bed plus i can use the trailer if i need to get wood or something

anyways, i know i would need that accordion boot stuff..wheres the cheapest place to get it, i was looking last night and i didnt know its like 80+ bux..........

post some pics of nice installs btw so i can get some ideas

I want to do one this summer on my truck. What kind of setup did you have in mind? Here is a pic of my favorite design I've seen on here.

ImportedPhotos00002.jpg

i'm personally partial to the 4th order with the port coming through the cut through.
That's what a few people recommended I do. I don't have the first clue on designing a 4th order so I'd have to pay someone for a design. I think I'd be satisfied with a pair of 12s and a lot of power. I don't want to use up that much of my bed because I still have to move out of my house at the end of the school year, into my house for next year, and then out again when the year is over.

I'd like to consider myself an expert with blowthroughs.... I know of many places to get some pretty cheap. I would link it but I'm on my phone so it would take a while.. But anyway you could get some local from a topper shop pretty cheap as well.. I'll post some pics of blowthroughs. Also don't think it to be hard cuz its not and I have a 6ft bed and have 6 12's in my blowthrough

A guy at my local shop (the owner actually) said if I did a blow through i'd always have a problem with dust getting in my truck, any truth to this?

And, how much more road noise should I expect if I did this?

Sorry to thread jack, im contemplating doing one too.

A guy at my local shop (the owner actually) said if I did a blow through i'd always have a problem with dust getting in my truck, any truth to this?
And, how much more road noise should I expect if I did this?
1) that guys an idiot

2) road noise will be dependent on how you install everything.

1) that guys an idiot
2) road noise will be dependent on how you install everything.
X2 that guy is a moron.. I quit using the accordian boot and built a gasket out of bent steel and never had problems with dust.. Also you may have road noise if you don't have any type of carpet in the bed or on the box cuz the noise could travel through the bare box from sitting on steel that vibrates. I layed carpet in my bed and put some mat underneath that.

It all depends on how you instal it

pros-loud as balls and stealth and allows room for inside of cab to do w/e with

cons-none haha maybe going deaf, and of course the rattles and truck falling apart

i plan to run 4 15's in my f150 blowthrough, prob some dc's or fi's on around 10krms of course two alts and 4-6 batteries hah. tuned to around 33hz should be every bit of loud and on the meter even tuned low should put up numbers in the low 150's. That one guy with the 4 15's type r's on only 4k pulled a 149 so i will have 1.5 times his power so should see around 3-5db higher should be easily in the 152 range

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.