Blew both of my L7's

JBeau2600
10+ year member

Sup yall ....yep, i blew both of my '02 12" L7's hooked up to 1 JBl1200.1 wired into 1 ohm.....i've heard that that amp in one ohm clips like crazy, and if thats tru, is that what happened? The cone split in a couple place, one MAY be fixable...please help

Originally posted by LoneRanger best advice you'll hear all day: stay away from kicker.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif Why would you make a stupid comment like that?

I like the L7's having heard them many times and I don't know what you could have done to blow them with the JBL..i have never heard that it clipes it 1 ohm mode but I have heard that you won't get anymore power in 1 ohm mode so why wire it down that low. I still think kicker is a good brand...i think you hooked it up wrong or something.

Adam Chandler

Originally posted by JBeau2600 Sup yall ....yep, i blew both of my '02 12" L7's hooked up to 1 JBl1200.1 wired into 1 ohm.....i've heard that that amp in one ohm clips like crazy, and if thats tru, is that what happened? The cone split in a couple place, one MAY be fixable...please help
It's not the JBL that made your cone break . wtf did you do to it to make it split!?!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif I don't know what you could have done, but it definately sounds install related.

Originally posted by audiolife emm is the box sealed or ported? if sealed how air tight? i think that would be of some blame over excersion with no subsonic filter
Or we could have a volume master on our hands...

lol you guys like that term? i got a whole bunch of names for troubled audio people lolol they are mostly funny names ..one who likes highs is a tweeter king, one tht blows speakers is a volume master or a woofer macker, or a darwinism to audio, one that just doesnt listen to a **** thing you say and does exactly what you told them not to do is a Re-eihnstien (call alot of people that even not audio related) people that cross power wires are called indians (smoke signals) hehe

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.