Got my box built

Participant count
  • Participant list

bumpin_blazer
5,000+ posts

Only the Strong Survive
Austin,TX
well if anyone cares to know i got my box built today for my 2 Blaupunkt Overdrive 12"s. i decided to go big sealed to get loud SPL and good SQ with a sub not really designed for it but still can kinda produce it. the box is a single chamber 4.3cuft. box and in my opinion it sounds pretty clean for SPL subs. the response is rather impressive to me also it's just overdrive's can't take 1200watts max i can promise that. the speaker didn't like my pushing them with 750 a piece for like 10 seconds, it started to smell bad. it may have just been the breaking them in doing that but i still have to carpet it and fiberglass the inside. so if you guys want pics lemme know, i am getting it metered this saturday though so i can post #'s if you want them. it's long but thanks to anyone who reads and respond's

adam

yeah heatwave a local comp. is this saturday and i'm going to get it metered, luckily the box is big enough that i can put a slot port in it if i want more SPL:D . i was going to build it that way to start but, didn't have the port specs to do it i'm gonna get em by sat. though. and pics will be on as soon as i can get them.

adam

Originally posted by bumpin_blazer ... the box is big enough that i can put a slot port in it if i want more SPL:D . i was going to build it that way to start but, didn't have the port specs to do it i'm gonna get em by sat. though. and pics will be on as soon as i can get them.
Let me know if you need some port specs.

jtz that would be awesome if you could get me specs on the port. i really want to try and get that done by sat. if possible b/c there is a comp. here that i want high spl in.

adam

it's raining again today so i'm not sure if i will be able to get to his house to carpet the box and fiberglass it but i'm gonna try. either way i plan on taking some pics of it even though it's not complete.

adam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bumpin_blazer

5,000+ posts
Only the Strong Survive
bumpin_blazer
Austin,TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date