BIG TRUNK! ~ too much empty space?

rayan66
10+ year member

I have a 1995 Mercury Grand Marquis.

goood3.jpg

The problem I feel I am having is quite simple. The bass isn't escaping the car! I have a sufficiant amount of bass, but It's not loud outside!

My system.

deck: --->Sony Explode CDX-MP450X CD/CDr/MP3

amp: --->American Legacy 1600watt 2channel w/ remote bass

wiring: ---> rockford Fosgate $140 4awg wiring kit

high's mid's ---> stock 5x7front 6x9rear

subs ---> two 225 rms watt 12" MB quart subwoofers

in a sealed Q-Logic (good guys bought) box.

It' is kinda shallow in depth.

trunk.jpg

My problem is that the bass isn't escaping the trunk. Is there a simple solution? An idea I have is to cut a hole (professionally of course, not ugly like duh!) in the back head between the 2 6x9's, with some sort of bandpass tube sticking down into the hole, to make the hole look clean.

W/ a hole in the head liner, it would simulate a bandpass box, (the trunk being the box).

Or would a bandpass box be ideal for this situation?

QUESTION 2.

What are people's opinion on this amp? Anyone familiar with it? you can find tons of them on ebay! just search and find one to read up on the stats.

THANKS!

If you want everyone to hear you you have the wrong subs..Quarts are pretty clean and aren't much for loud bass...Try Image Dynamics, JL Audio, Kicker, Rockford Fosgate or for something a bit cheaper try Audiobahn..You don't need a huge enclosure just more power..I have 1 AW1200eu in my wifes car and when turned up half way with 500 watts I can hear her coming a few houses down.

Mike

I decided to sell my MB Quarts and get something bigger like 15's. I am gonna probobly get JL brand 15's.

Im also gonna put some DYNAMAT on the underside of my trunk lid as well as on floor of the trunk and sides.

Oh well. Thanks fellas.

~ Ray Ray

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.