2002 Toyota Tacoma install...

Participant count
  • Participant list

toneddie

This is my first post here. Hello to everyone. I'm just getting back into the car audio scene and am working on my first basic install. Typical quality equipment: Rockford 250.2, Infinity Kappa 5x7's, JL Audio Stealthbox. I have elected to keep the stock CD/ Radio player and would like advice on removing the unit to access the Speaker outputs. I do not know if this head unit has RCA outputs and the Toyota dealer was unable to answer any of my questions. Also, is an EQ something I should consider in the future, is it worth the cash? Sorry for the long post, they will get shorter and more to the point in the future.

Thanks

David

well first off sticking with your stock head unit can hurt your sound quality if you looking for a stock look alike there are plenty of manufactures out there that have head units for just such cases. rarely are cars put with factory rca's im not sure about 2002's but most older cars do not. so as a first step i would do that. but i do know if your evan gunna in most of the newer toyotas you have to take apart the whole lower dash panel and glove box just to access the back of your head unit its a pretty much a big hassle... so just keep that in mind....

well i used to own toyota....the factory radios do not have rca outputs...well as far as the year i had didnt....and to get to the radio you must first remove the screws on the glove box area the area under the steering weel and the area around the radio jus pops right off...but do be gentle w/ it cause it can be broken...and i would recomend gettin a better cdplayer or a similar hu also if you have the 4" opening then get a small din style cdplayer and get a eq that will fit under it...if you have the 2" w/ the little misc. area right below the sterio...generally those are jus screwed on....so you can take it off by removing the metal piece around the sterio....otherwise get one of the bigger double din style cd players...i would also run new wire cause the factory wire is like 22 gauge wire....it cant really hold much power.... also behind the deck there is not a whole lot of room but there is no solid area below it so you can hook most of the wiring up to the back then drop it down into that area....i had my crossovers and all my misc stuff that i didnt want eveyone seeing....if you have any questions please feel free to email me at

Goddyd4me@hotmail.com

-Mike J

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.