Best / Worst companies list, add your thoughts!

and your point is????not everybody is like you. just because you dont like it does not mean others dont like it.
I know, and I stated that it depends on taste. I just don't see the point. Why have so much SPL that it will shatter glass, not to mention eardrums? It's okay. Every man beats to a different drum, but just saying...

I know, and I stated that it depends on taste. I just don't see the point. Why have so much SPL that it will shatter glass, not to mention eardrums? It's okay. Every man beats to a different drum, but just saying...
the question should be why not. Also as long as it's clean it isn't that painful. Can't breath or think but not painful. Now if it gets distorted way less output is painful.

These high end SPL setups can sound very good. Very musical. They just are not cheap and you can't use low end equipment.
You're right. I was just stating it doesn't make sense to "me". I like it loud, believe me, but that's a bit much, in "my" opinion. The louder your stereo will get, the louder you have listen to it each time you get in the car. Won't that make you go deaf? LOL!

the question should be why not. Also as long as it's clean it isn't that painful. Can't breath or think but not painful. Now if it gets distorted way less output is painful.
I get your point, and I'm not dissing anybody that wants that kind of system. It's just a little over the top "for me". That's all.

You're right. I was just stating it doesn't make sense to "me". I like it loud, believe me, but that's a bit much, in "my" opinion. The louder your stereo will get, the louder you have listen to it each time you get in the car. Won't that make you go deaf? LOL!
Yep that's why we never stop upgrading. Personally I'm over the stupid loud phase. I just want good output and my sound stage back.

Yep that's why we never stop upgrading. Personally I'm over the stupid loud phase. I just want good output and my sound stage back.
I want this system to be my last. Some Fi BTL N3's and an M4a should be loud enough in the Fiero, yea?

There you go. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout. Give me a system that will immerse you in good SQ with a good sound stage, while hitting hard on the low end - tingling the skin and making your hair dance anytime. For that it doesn't take that much power, plus you can keep your hearing well into your golden years. Loud, yes. Eardrum busting, not for me...

There you go. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout. Give me a system that will immerse you in good SQ with a good sound stage, while hitting hard on the low end - tingling the skin and making your hair dance anytime. For that it doesn't take that much power, plus you can keep your hearing well into your golden years. Loud, yes. Eardrum busting, not for me...
My scion would do that at 150db. Very few people go to shows to demo the SQ fairy.

My scion would do that at 150db. Very few people go to shows to demo the SQ fairy.
150db with SQ? Wow! It may just be me, but it seems it's all about the SPL nowadays, moreso than SQ, in my humble opinion. Finding a balance between the two is what I've always liked. I still like my music loud, but not that loud, lol! I would go deaf in no time.

150db with SQ? Wow! It may just be me, but it seems it's all about the SPL nowadays, moreso than SQ, in my humble opinion. Finding a balance between the two is what I've always liked. I still like my music loud, but not that loud, lol! I would go deaf in no time.
It wasn't easy and it took years of tweaking, sealing, tuning, changing. I had to sacrifice output to get it.

alpine makes the best head units!! I have an alpine that's almost as old as me in my Tahoe..
Nah, old school Eclipses (before the AVNs) are the best. The ECDs, or the 55040/55060/55090, or the 8 series were all absolutely amazing head units. Also, the 5303's. Some were pricey, but none were outlandishly expensive like the very top of the line Pioneers and Alpines.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.