Best / Worst companies list, add your thoughts!

What would be different from like Ampere Audio, Crescendo, Incriminator, and Sundown (plus a few others) amps of about the same rating?

I can see where MrFoca is talking about how these amps appear to have similar layouts but are in different categories, so how would a person know what ones use better components or is it the list that is not right?

What would be different from like Ampere Audio, Crescendo, Incriminator, and Sundown (plus a few others) amps of about the same rating?I can see where MrFoca is talking about how these amps appear to have similar layouts but are in different categories, so how would a person know what ones use better components or is it the list that is not right?
Sundown has their own design. Ampre uses old sundown designs, incriminator has their own design, crescendo uses old designs. You can see why the own designs cost more. Are they better? Brands with their own designs tend to be smaller per watt. That's about the only thing that's a easy fact.

Sundown has their own design. Ampre uses old sundown designs, incriminator has their own design, crescendo uses old designs. You can see why the own designs cost more. Are they better? Brands with their own designs tend to be smaller per watt. That's about the only thing that's a easy fact.
I don't see why using an old design that another place created would put another company lower on a list like this.

I mean like Ampere and Crescendo both use old designs, why would they be placed in different categories and Sundown and Incriminator use there own(smaller per watt), so why would they not be placed in a better category.

I don't see why using an old design that another place created would put another company lower on a list like this. I mean like Ampere and Crescendo both use old designs, why would they be placed in different categories and Sundown and Incriminator use there own(smaller per watt), so why would they not be placed in a better category.

This list is not only about amps I don't think.

You already made my point. You said most companies use the same board, different components. This is like saying the 6.0 in the Chevy trucks are totally different from the 6.0 in the GTO. Sure maybe bigger heads cam etc. but use the same platform. It's all good, one of his amps on that list was " trash " I've seen videos of them do rated plus some more.

I would split up the list into components (amp, subs, etc) then create a budget, better, best under each of those. I think it would make it a little more clearer on discussions like this.
If you really want to do it right split it up into designed performance catagories. Audison and DD both win but they normally don't win in the same category.

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

You already made my point. You said most companies use the same board, different components. This is like saying the 6.0 in the Chevy trucks are totally different from the 6.0 in the GTO. Sure maybe bigger heads cam etc. but use the same platform. It's all good, one of his amps on that list was " trash " I've seen videos of them do rated plus some more.
I said same layout. Boards are not the same size. Not including the copy cookie cutters like ampre and crescendo.

Where does neo come from? Legitimate question. Not sure what country.
Also, do any amps share the same board as an M4a? Another legitimate question. I really don't know, and would be interested to find out one way or another.

Still would buy the Brutus over a 2200. I could get the Brutus for cheap on craigslist here and mount a computer fan to it that I have laying around. If I was going to build a budget system to compete with, that's what I'd use.
From what I found about neos says GM discovered them in the early 80's & Chinese market manufacturing the most

JL needs to stay up top. They are the only real intivative mainstream brand that still builds a lot in house. Yes they have entry level equipment and you pay for the name but the higher lines are still very high end without the high end price tag. JL competes with the best in the world and still manages to beat them
You are full ofshit if you think JL isn't overpriced.

From what I found about neos says GM discovered them in the early 80's & Chinese market manufacturing the most

GM has more concerns and is in serious trouble right now...think those people better start worrying about weather or not they got jobs the next day than to replace a simple 5 dollar part and be responsible for a faulty part. Could have saved the giant corporation millions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.