Best / Worst companies list, add your thoughts!

DD has lots of cool options for the subs. Designs & colors, every sub that they assembled for me looked great when I received it. The Kevlar is cool. I just didn't like the price upgrade on it lol.

It's funny how hand built in USA is truly not hand built lol. I'm not even going to argue, I called and got all the answers I needed few weeks back. Hand built to me means from scratch correct ???? Or am I looking at it wrong. Cause if I am, I'd like to be given correct information about it. Plus I was talking about amps not DD subs. Give it a break man
Find another company that uses US made soft parts, find another brand that makes all custom cones and caps in house. NOBODY uses US ferrite so NOBODY is made in the US for your standards

Find another company that uses US made soft parts, find another brand that makes all custom cones and caps in house. NOBODY uses US ferrite so NOBODY is made in the US for your standards
You are way off from what I'm talking about.

I would venture to say the layout could be the same but each company chooses what components to place in that board.

An example would be just because FoxConn makes Apple products does not mean that anything Foxconn sells under its own brand is an Apple product or is the same quality.

I would venture to say the layout could be the same but each company chooses what components to place in that board.
An example would be just because FoxConn makes Apple products does not mean that anything Foxconn sells under its own brand is an Apple product or is the same quality.
What people don't seem to get. There are only so many board layouts. They don't need to waste money fixing something that isn't broken. If they did the price would be up there with big names that have their own boards, they don't preform any better but we pay for it.

You said they use the same boards. Can you show true specs to prove that? Until then you are just repeating BS.
do a Google search man. You are asking for something that is available online to see. ???? What do you have a hard time believing man. I'm at work, I don't really care if you believe what I'm saying or not.

do a Google search man. You are asking for something that is available online to see. ???? What do you have a hard time believing man. I'm at work, I don't really care if you believe what I'm saying or not.
I have looked many times and always showed they are not the same. Amps that are 2 inches different in length are not the same amp, even if the haters say they are. There are a few but they are all in the same group and priced the same.

What people don't seem to get. There are only so many board layouts. They don't need to waste money fixing something that isn't broken. If they did the price would be up there with big names that have their own boards, they don't preform any better but we pay for it.
Ya I fully agree - I would rather buy a product that spends more into the quality of better components using a board design that has been out rather then a company that R&D's the whole thing from scratch.

But then again I am not a sitting on the bleeding edge type of person either.

Ya I fully agree - I would rather buy a product that spends more into the quality of better components using a board design that has been out rather then a company that R&D's the whole thing from scratch.But then again I am not a sitting on the bleeding edge type of person either.
R&D is great if it really does something better like JL's RIPS. Something that is different besides just looks.

R&D is great if it really does something better like JL's RIPS. Something that is different besides just looks.
I was mostly referring to what the discussion was about, different brand of amps using the same board design.

R&D is not a bad thing and it has to be done for better designs, both looks and performance, to come out and for those who want to pay for prototypes, I say more power to ya.

My only issue with R&D anymore is that companies are having to spend more and more to make enough of a change in performance and find something that sells too. Those funds have to come from somewhere.

I was mostly referring to what the discussion was about, different brand of amps using the same board design.R&D is not a bad thing and it has to be done for better designs, both looks and performance, to come out and for those who want to pay for prototypes, I say more power to ya.

My only issue with R&D anymore is that companies are having to spend more and more to make enough of a change in performance and find something that sells too. Those funds have to come from somewhere.
True. Its also more than just the designs. Heat sinks cost more, look at the heat sink on the Hifonics and the so called same SQ 2200. Heat will kill power faster than bad parts. People don't see this stuff or hey don't even know to look at it. All they see is what they choose to. What makes them fell better about saving a few bucks.

Where does neo come from? Legitimate question. Not sure what country.

Also, do any amps share the same board as an M4a? Another legitimate question. I really don't know, and would be interested to find out one way or another.

Still would buy the Brutus over a 2200. I could get the Brutus for cheap on craigslist here and mount a computer fan to it that I have laying around. If I was going to build a budget system to compete with, that's what I'd use.

Where does neo come from? Legitimate question. Not sure what country.
Also, do any amps share the same board as an M4a? Another legitimate question. I really don't know, and would be interested to find out one way or another.

Still would buy the Brutus over a 2200. I could get the Brutus for cheap on craigslist here and mount a computer fan to it that I have laying around. If I was going to build a budget system to compete with, that's what I'd use.
No amp shares the same board as any DD amp. DD amps are always smaller.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.