So I decimated one of my 12 W3v3s today

Participant count
  • Participant list

Krave

I'm an alcoholic, It's ok
The spider said eat s*** and die, decided to lock up and separate itself from the cone. Did not know JL's had a little internal dust cap in there (about the size of a silver dollar), it was floating around in the back of the Yukon.....

I am going to sell off my other 12w3 and I am looking at a pair of DD 512's (have a baby on the way and due in roughly 4 weeks so I am not sure about spending 1512a money). I am looking for similar products on par of equal or better performance, equal or cheaper prices, lol. I hate balling on a budget, but the soon to be here baby comes first. (I am trying my damnedest not to put the audiopipes back in my ride, but if I have to put them in so I can save up for better subs you guys recommend, I will).

3.4 cu ft ported at 34 hz. Budget is around $300(ish) for a pair. If someone ever buys my MAME machine I could go up, but doesn't look like anyone local wants an arcade machine.

So I just got a new credit card, will be here in roughly a week(shush, don't tell my wife, lol). So I think I may move my budget up to around $600-800 for 2 subs, my amp should still be stable at 1 ohm (it is aged), birth sheet I think said at 1 ohm was 13XX or 14XX watts. If my current box works, great, if it does not I can build one (using the Torres calculator as well as bass box pro - still getting the hang of them). I can go 48" wide and as high and deep as I need in the truck.

Dealers in my area carry: DD, JL, Memphis, Phoenix Gold, Diamond Audio, Rockford Fosgate, SKAR Audio - any other brand I would have to online purchase.

Ballin on a credit card budget with a baby on the way. Get two decent subs and see how that goes. Save the coin and in a little while after you've figured out the baby budget, buy something nicer. Just my two cents. No offence intended

Ballin on a credit card budget with a baby on the way. Get two decent subs and see how that goes. Save the coin and in a little while after you've figured out the baby budget, buy something nicer. Just my two cents. No offence intended
And none taken, Lew-e.

Well I may have my replacements tomorrow, er today as I forgot it is already Sunday......2 DD 615's in a custom (Audio Edge built box here in Shreveport) box at around 13 cu ft, ported....fits an 09 Tahoe, so it fits my 2010 Yukon with a Kenwood KAC-9106D amp (not sure if I should use this or my KX1200.1).

Here is a picture of the box and subs:

00303_3VIW5qUIAUv_600x450.jpg

Looking at that amps specs, it is not 1 ohm stable so looks like I will be using the kx1200.1 on these. If the amp is indeed the one I mentioned.

I am going off this pic to determine what amp it is:

00e0e_1cY3JmHy6Hy_600x450.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.