best Box For 2 10" Assassin Subs

Kaltenberg
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
WI
Well i want to make my own box to save $100 bucks. I had a friend tell me what type of materials to use but i dont know how to make the box, like to make the subs sound the best. Any help would be appreciated, if you have any detailed/pictured explinations on how to amke the box that would be awsome.

since this is your first box im going to assume you are going to go sealed, not ported

for a sealed box it should be about 1.4ft^3 for 2 10" assasin subs according to ascandesant audio

find the dimensions you want to use (h-w-d)

and then multiply them together then divide by 1728 to find out how many ft^3 the box will be

11.5x24x10=2640/1728=1.5277 ft^3 which would give enough room for driver displacement and is large enough to mount bolth subs

dont forget that this is the INSIDE dimensions of the box

before cutting pannels dont forget to include the thickness of the wood into your mesurements

make shure you have you have lots of clamps, a circular saw, a straight edge, wood glue, screws, a power drill, countersink bit, and a router or jigsaw to cut holes for your subs

but for actually building the box, simply cut pannels to size

put wood glue at the seams, make shure they are 90 degree angles or at least close, clamp them and seal them with counter sunk screws, dont forget the countersink or else your wood will split

once the box is assembled you can cut holes with a router and a jig, a jig is easy to make just search the forums

once your box is all together and your sub holes are cut, most people seal the corners again with a silicone based caulk, but make shure to let it dry before you put your subs in, i have heard that the fumes from the caulk drying can destroy the surround on the sub

as for runing wires, you can install a terminal cup, or alot of people simply drill a hole in the box and run the wire straight trough it then seal it with caulk

anymore questions just ask

it is a good idea to check out the stickys in each forum, they contain alot of useful information

what part of wisconsin are you from?

feel free to pm me if you have any other questions

Ok, i dont know if i will build my own anymnore, seems too complicated for me. (im 15 haha) Im from deforest, its right by madison. Do you live in Wi also?

it really is not that hard, just make shure you cut straight lines

do you know anyone who has any woodworking experience? get them to help you out

yeah i live near kenosha

Ok, i dont know if i will build my own anymnore, seems too complicated for me. (im 15 haha) Im from deforest, its right by madison. Do you live in Wi also?
Age doesnt make a difference...I was 15 when I made myfirst box and have been building since then...PV audio was 15 (or 14) as well and he designs them now at only 17...PRACTICE //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

my first box build is 3/4in. fiber board. wood glue/guerilla glue, silicone, and **** load of wood screws, double baffled front. that box isnt coming apart anytime soon

and i spent 20 on the 4x8 of fiber board, 3 on wood glue, 3 on guerilla glue and like 5 on silicone and built myself a 4.50cubic ft. box for a total of 31 dollars compared to the 100+ i would have paid for a prefab. so price shouldnt be to much of an issue for you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.