Best 6x9 Car Speakers Review

I don't know man. I think my X69s were going for $300 / pair when they were new. It would be tough to find a 6.5 that can perform like they can for the same money.
lol you are something else. Tell you what...buy a set of 6.5 comps of equal value and do a test comparison on both. Then get back to us.

lol you are something else. Tell you what...buy a set of 6.5 comps of equal value and do a test comparison on both. Then get back to us.
I've run 6.5s. My favorite set for a long time was the 720PRS. Awesome mids. The SI TM65s in my VW have a ton of midbass too but get a little wobbly after about 2200 or so.

I'm no expert but I'm not exactly a novice either.

Have you honestly listened to any quality 6x9s?

I've run 6.5s. My favorite set for a long time was the 720PRS. Awesome mids. The SI TM65s in my VW have a ton of midbass too but get a little wobbly after about 2200 or so.
I'm no expert but I'm not exactly a novice either.

Have you honestly listened to any quality 6x9s?
I have no reason nor the interest to. Dude, 6x9's are like late 80's thing...

I have no reason nor the interest to. Dude, 6x9's are like late 80's thing...
Lol, and you were talking about me being something else. That flawed thinking is right up there with "sealed is better for SQ."

The ID 6X9 has some serious midbass and sounds great doing it. I've "heard" the AudioFrog x9 is even better but don't feel the need to upgrade my IDs unless I go full tilt to 10s.

If you're going to use the stock locations in your ride and it has 6x9s its worth giving it a shot. You'd be surprised what a good x9 can do.

Lol, and you were talking about me being something else. That flawed thinking is right up there with "sealed is better for SQ."
The ID 6X9 has some serious midbass and sounds great doing it. I've "heard" the AudioFrog x9 is even better but don't feel the need to upgrade my IDs unless I go full tilt to 10s.

If you're going to use the stock locations in your ride and it has 6x9s its worth giving it a shot. You'd be surprised what a good x9 can do.
You fail to see what my ride is. And my other one is an s10 ext cab...neither of which have any stock 6x9's and even if they did, they would get ripped out with some good 6.5" comps. End of story.

Your comparing a 6x9 to my flawed thinking to a sq is best in a sealed enclosure...2 totally diff things. You like your fancy expensive 6x9's, then more power to ya. No one here runs 6x9's. Not even the modest advocate stereo enthusiast, budget beater type runs 6x9's.

You fail to see what my ride is. And my other one is an s10 ext cab...neither of which have any stock 6x9's and even if they did, they would get ripped out with some good 6.5" comps. End of story.
I was using "you" in the general sense not you specifically.

Your comparing a 6x9 to my flawed thinking to a sq is best in a sealed enclosure...2 totally diff things.
No, they're exaxtly the same. They are both flawed suppositions not based on reality.

You like your fancy expensive 6x9's, then more power to ya. No one here runs 6x9's. Not even the modest advocate stereo enthusiast, budget beater type runs 6x9's.
Lol

There is nothing wrong with a 6x9. It’s pretty much just an 8. There just are not many good ones. If I could fit them up front I would but not in a 2 way. Just like an 8in
Exactly this. I was going to run 8s but I got a good deal on the ID 6x9s and figured why cut up the door for an 8 when I can run a good 6x9.

Big difference between a sub and a 6x9.
This argument is pretty stupid but I have to say this might be the dumbest part so far. I can’t tell if you are actively trolling or if the bass has rattled your brains into an Aaron Hernandez cte goop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This argument is pretty stupid but I have to say this might be the dumbest part so far. I can’t tell if you are actively trolling or if the bass has rattled your brains into an Aaron Hernandez cte goop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well welll well....dug out of your grave just so you can quote me or what?

Agreed. This guy will never shut up and warships his 6x9's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.