Best 6x9 Car Speakers Review

Might help to some people of your background car audio exp rather than full reviews of diff brands/models of speakers which can easily be found on the internet.
While I'm at it, I don't condone 6x9's....but would rather get a nice 6.5" comp set in it's place instead.
Why? You get more output out of a 6x9. The only issue is there are so few good ones.

Why? You get more output out of a 6x9. The only issue is there are so few good ones.
not really. my single pair of 6.5s is louder than a car with eight 6x9s per door.

All in the speaker's sensitivity rating when output is concerned. over 90% of 6x9s are crappy, the rest is mediocre at best and the ones that are actually good, you can count on one hand. good as in actually good, not "oh thats good enough" good, your ID XS is one of the extremely rare few.

If you're comparing garbage speakers to a good speaker you're right but that has nothing to do with the 6x9. A good 6x9 will sound just as good and get louder than a good 6.5. The 6x9 gives you the cone area of an 8.

Agreed thatbthe issue with 6x9s is there arent enough good ones. ID, HAT and Auudiofrog are probably the only good ones available now.

If you're comparing garbage speakers to a good speaker you're right but that has nothing to do with the 6x9. A good 6x9 will sound just as good and get louder than a good 6.5. The 6x9 gives you the cone area of an 8.
Agreed thatbthe issue with 6x9s is there arent enough good ones. ID, HAT and Auudiofrog are probably the only good ones available now.
theres far too many good 6.5 options compared to 6x9 options to the point where even a step down in cone area wont affect your possible output potential when going down to a superior 6.5 set which indefinitely will have much better SQ for the same price. This isnt subwoofers, cone area is not king. Efficiency is the name of the game when it comes to midrange drivers. Quality beats quantity all day any day.

theres far too many good 6.5 options compared to 6x9 options to the point where even a step down in cone area wont affect your possible output potential when going down to a superior 6.5 set which indefinitely will have much better SQ for the same price. This isnt subwoofers, cone area is not king. Efficiency is the name of the game when it comes to midrange drivers. Quality beats quantity all day any day.
Unless you're using it in a 3way cone area is most definitely a factor.

Unless you're using it in a 3way cone area is most definitely a factor.
Not when so many 6.5s are much louder than 6x9s. Most 6x9s have sh*t sensitivity ratings. It literally does translate to actual output. I have not heard a loud 6x9 setup to date and i've been to my fair share of SPL shows. You can have all the cone area in the world but when your speaker is rated less than 89 db, there's no hope of getting loud as proven with eight 6x9s not even coming close to my one pair of 6.5s. They werent bad 6x9s either, most people would consider them mediocre. whatever money you put on a 6x9, put that same money to what you can get on the market with 6.5s, you'll get way louder in every way possible. Speaker design and construction is overall much more important than cone area.

Really? You think that's the issue? lol....go to a sound off buddy one day....
I'm not talking purely spl, I'm talking the whole package. There is nothing inherently wrong with a 6x9 provided you run a good one. You get the benefits of a 6 and 8 inch speaker on one package.

I'm not talking purely spl, I'm talking the whole package. There is nothing inherently wrong with a 6x9 provided you run a good one. You get the benefits of a 6 and 8 inch speaker on one package.
I never once said there was anything wrong with 6x9's...but most car audio buffs run 6.5 comp sets or even bigger.....no where near 6x9's. Even modest systems run 5.25 comp sets. Try 2 sets of 6.5 comp sets in each door, that'll have some killer output coupled with a high end amp. As I said before, go to a dbdrag sound off...you won't see one person utilizing 6x9's.

soon i will review for 6.5 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif ;)

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

Op What are your credentials that make your reviews worth anything?

And why did you choose 6x9s?
I will share 6x8 also 6.5 soon //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

I never once said there was anything wrong with 6x9's...but most car audio buffs run 6.5 comp sets or even bigger.....no where near 6x9's. Even modest systems run 5.25 comp sets. Try 2 sets of 6.5 comp sets in each door, that'll have some killer output coupled with a high end amp. As I said before, go to a dbdrag sound off...you won't see one person utilizing 6x9's.
Will review one by one slowly

soon i will review for 6.5 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif ;) 

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

I will share 6x8 also 6.5 soon //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Will review one by one slowly
Ok but why should your review matter? What makes you qualified to review anything.

It seems obvious you don’t understand 2 channel stereo.

For the price of a good one, there's an even better 6.5 setup. Why settle for mediocrity when you can have superiority for the same amount of money spent?

For the price of a good one, there's an even better 6.5 setup. Why settle for mediocrity when you can have superiority for the same amount of money spent?
I don't know man. I think my X69s were going for $300 / pair when they were new. It would be tough to find a 6.5 that can perform like they can for the same money.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.