Before I start dropping hundos

alwaysat8k

Hampton
Before I start dropping more money, I purchased two idmax 10s. I have them hooked up to a MMatts 2000.05d. These speakers produce beautiful music. However, they are not as loud as I expected.

I'm looking for a super durable sub for my amp. Either 12 or 15. I have an access cab truck. I want the subwoofer to last while producing something reasonable at 2000w.

Cheaper is better as always, but I'm unsure what to run? I'm thinking SSA Xcon or sundown z4. It's extremely difficult for me to listen to any of these brands because all the audio stores near me only have the bestbuy brands. Everyone hyped up the idmaxes to be SQL.. Although I find them to be completely SQ orientated subs. I loved my diamond m6 15" back in 2006. It was loud and had awesome SQ and would take 3-400 more than rated all day long. Since, their lineup has changed and I wasn't impressed with the 15 I purchased and then traded two years ago.

With all this in mind, am I looking at the right brands? Are these speakers as hyped up as they should be?

Thanks for any help. I guess I'm picky..

both are highend sql subs. cant go wrong with either. really depends on budget and build time on sub. if u can wait on either to be built. they are both amazing subs.

Thanks. I might call ssa tomorrow and talk to them. I want to make sure I make the right purchase this time. I'm hoping I can sell these idmaxs. They are great subs I just want something louder.

I would recommend looking into your current setup and enclosure before jumping ship, a pair of 10" idmax's should hang with most single 12 or 15" setups on 2k all things equal

Heres my set up:

MMatts 2000.05d

running sealed chambers in 3/4 mdf.

1.25cf each chamber.

subs move crazy at 2/3 gain.. i keep the frequency at the lowest setting on the amp and at 80hz lpf on the deck.. theres no subsonic filter on my amp

alpine deck

1/0 wiring all the way through to amp.

12g from amp to box.

180amp singer alt (biggest they make for my truck).

big 3.

agm battery.

box is also double baffled and flush mounted. i dont get it man? ive tried running them in reverse phase.. everything.. facing the subs up, down, forward. i cant figure it out? i can see the subs surrounds stretching and they just arent that loud. the response is outstanding, but the loudness is off par. I dont want to fry them. they are getting pushed to hell. my american bass tnt10's on a ph2500amp were louder?

drop the idmax's in a custom ported box and it should be plenty of bass... enclosure will play the biggest part in how your system will sound. You will need to sacrifice more space for the box.. like a 3.0-4.0 cu ft box.. roughly 1.5-2.0 per sub.. tune it in the low 30s for SQ.. I've heard plenty of idmax's and they are pretty loud.. with only 1000w too.. but i've only heard them in ported boxes so that's probably why..

also, try putting the crossover a little higher as you might of put it too low.. start with 80 hz.. make sure your gains are set correctly.. 3/4 gain might be too much depending on the amp.. Get a SMD DD-1 to do it right.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.