HIfonics BRX 2000.1

Kenwood HU

Kicker 0 gauge wiring kit

big 3

Toby Outlaw 15inch X2 4th order bandpass

The guy at the shop gave me some pointers to get me higher numbers

-seal the back end of the Tahoe where the air comes out when you shut the doors

-add some more power wires to the amp

-he said to resin the inside of the bandpass box ( the designer of the box side that was a no no)

what's your opinion resin or no resin?

-he also said that my amp was only putting out less than 600 watts to the subs. He put his O scope to it and said it had 12 ohm resistance due to the 4th order even though the subs were 4ohm.

the designer of the subs said they need 750 watts

So if anyone has any pointers or can help me understand a little more that would be awesome. thanks

It is possible that the ohm load was 12ohm at burp frequency due to box rise and this can contribute to a low amp output. Try qiring the subs lower but not lower than 1ohm.

I dont like resin inside my box unless its a leaky sealed box or has a fiberglass patch for an uneven surface.

Adding another power run to the amp can help but if you do that add another batt close to the amp preferably as close as possible. And always use 1/0 or bigger wire.

You can raise your peak frequency by adding blocks to the sealed chamber but be careful not to take away too much airspace as it will cause the sub to become less efficient and require more power

Yes he said something about the rise made it a 12 ohm. The subs are single voice coil, how would I go about wiring them to a lower ohm?

It is possible that the ohm load was 12ohm at burp frequency due to box rise and this can contribute to a low amp output. Try qiring the subs lower but not lower than 1ohm.
I dont like resin inside my box unless its a leaky sealed box or has a fiberglass patch for an uneven surface.

Adding another power run to the amp can help but if you do that add another batt close to the amp preferably as close as possible. And always use 1/0 or bigger wire.

You can raise your peak frequency by adding blocks to the sealed chamber but be careful not to take away too much airspace as it will cause the sub to become less efficient and require more power

Yes he said something about the rise made it a 12 ohm. The subs are single voice coil, how would I go about wiring them to a lower ohm?
Unable to wire down if its only 1 voicecoil. Have the sub wires direct to amp with out box connectors of any type. Direct wiring the sub wires helps with less resitance and lower box rise.

Bump.

Should I go with a bigger amp to compensate for box rise/impedance rise 12 0hms? 530 watts for both clamped/ O scope when each sub should have 750. I read that I would have to mess with the port to reduce box rise but I don't plan on having my system for comp spl

If you're not doing burp only don't worry about a high impedance at your peak.

If you can find a dB on the meter by doing some of the silly SPL "tricks" you'll never notice it from where you're sitting. It's highly improbable that you will be able to get much more out of the equipment you have.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

speedyjuarez

Premium Member
Premium Member
speedyjuarez
Live in Hobbs, NM. From Ft Worth, TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date