Beefy 10" recommendations

Its not a trunk car.

Its a truck that has that lil ski hole to back panel..... i think. Lol. He said something like that earlier in thread

Its not a trunk car.
Its a truck that has that lil ski hole to back panel..... i think. Lol. He said something like that earlier in thread
Ahhhh....it looked like a trunk going by the pic lol.

I would build a ported box for them, boomintempo.

Oh ****, just realized its sealed.. theres your problem. Most of the off the shelf forum type subs lean more towards ported

I should have known better. The reason I went with the subs is that the manufacturer recommends only .3 cubic feet per sub for sealed, and .5 to .75 cubic feet for a ported box. I thought to try the sealed configuration, but it is garbage. My door speakers give more bass than the subs. This weekend I'm going to build a ported box for the subs. I want to use aero ports, but I also have some PVC laying around (4"). Anyone have any recommendations? I usually have GREAT luck building my own boxes, but this is my first fail, and a hard fail at that!! I usually use winisd, which I'll do if no one offers any advice...The space I have, to fit in that whole is 12"x14"x26". That puts me well within the 1.5 cubic feet, after sub and port displacement...

Man, what a disappointment!!! I'm gonna start a build log...I really appreciate everyone's input!!!

Lets get you some help. @CSCtang can you help this guy out for a design for 2 8's?

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

@CSCStang

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

**** why the hell isn't working?

And 1 net per 8 is much better for ported.
Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
So you recommend a total of 2 cubic feet? What would you recommend to tune to, 30hz? That's what I have typically gone for (even though when I first started in the 90's I always went for 45hz, lol).

Thank you again for your help, I appreciate it!

---------- Post added at 04:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 AM ----------

Lets get you some help. @CSCtang can you help this guy out for a design for 2 8's? 

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

@CSCStang

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

**** why the hell isn't working?
Thank you!!

Wayyy too low tuning for those. 35-37 works very well with the 208s. Yeah 2 net will yield the best output. 45 lol, yeah that's where all the rap tracks were recorded at back in the day.

Wayyy too low tuning for those. 35-37 works very well with the 208s. Yeah 2 net will yield the best output. 45 lol, yeah that's where all the rap tracks were recorded at back in the day.
Alright, good to know! Real quick though, these aren't 208's, they're CT Sounds Meso 8's....I can post the manufacturer sheet for more info if you'd like!

Alright, good to know! Real quick though, these aren't 208's, they're CT Sounds Meso 8's....I can post the manufacturer sheet for more info if you'd like!
My bad man I didn't read through the whole thread. Yeah .75 net per for those. I haven't modeled up too many 8s tuned that low but yeah if you have the t/s handy I'll run them. Lmk.

My bad man I didn't read through the whole thread. Yeah .75 net per for those. I haven't modeled up too many 8s tuned that low but yeah if you have the t/s handy I'll run them. Lmk.
It's alright, I just appreciate someone else double checking...I also appreciate someone else who may have a bit more knowledge with this. Like I said, I usually use WinISD (if that's even a thing anymore) to figure out what's best box wise....

This is what they have given me...

Technical Specs

Ratings 800w rms | 1600w max

Coil Size 2.5″

Xmax 14mm

TSP

Dual 4 Ohm

Fs 41.458 Hz

Qts 0.439

Qes 0.477

Qms 5.601

Vas 7.431

Dimensions

Overall Diameter 8.7″

Cutout Diameter 7.3″

Mounting Depth 6.6″

Displacement 0.08 ft^3

Box Specs

Sealed 0.3 ft^3

Ported 0.5-0.75 ft^3

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.