Beefy 10" recommendations

Boomintempo
10+ year member

<---Old tempo setup, lol
I'm looking for some opinions, other than funky pups, for a 10" that'll be able to handle a hifonics colossus ltd (2200 watts at 4 ohms, supposedly 3200 watts at 2 ohms).

I'm looking to build a box into the arm rest of the back seat of my truck since there isn't jack for space. Assuming my measurements are correct, I'll have about 2 cubic feet to work with. Looking to go sealed.

I'm trying to spend less than $400.

I've looked at skar, american bass, nvx, hdc, xcon or icon...I need some input!

Thanks!

I took some quick measurements, and the largest diameter sub that I'd be able to get is a 10. The will be about 13" deep, so lots of room there. If I make the box as large as I can for the arm rest area, that leaves me with about 2.2 cubic feet to work with, not considering sub displacement.

I was looking at the xcon 10, however that is way more then what I was wanting to spend. It seems like the icon would be more for me...The sundown x looks pretty ****, would have to find a deal though, and I'm not even sure where to get DD!

I'm thinking even the hdc310???

Dang, those x 8's are MOOFer's! Watching videos, I think I may just get one and see how it likes my amp. I'm not sure about the lack of surface area...1 XFL or SSA Icon 10 or 1 sundown x8 v2...The choice is tough!

I think your issue may be finding a sub designed to handle that kind of power that will function well in a sealed alignment. AFAIK all those you listed are built to function best in ported.

I'd suggest if you can get your hands on some JL W7's they'd probably perform quite well in that airspace and sealed, but you're going to pay for them if you can't hop on a deal used somewhere.

Really a shame you can't get a single 12 since it might be a bit easier to find one that'll hang with your power and perform adequately in your airspace.

Thanks for the good input! I could probably squeeze a 12 in there, I have 12" to play with width. I think most 12's mounting diameter aren't actually 12 inches. I was thinking about the JL W7's, however, from what I have gathered is usually you are paying for the JL name, while there are many other subs out there that will perform similar if not better for cheaper.

I've had someone offer me a deal on some sundown x-8's, just not too sure I'd be able to make an enclosure for those to where they wouldn't have a common chamber.

Anyone have input on Ampere Audio's 10" AA-3.0v2? SSA seems like they have a good deal on them right now....

Hop on over to the Sundown Yard Sale : 1/25/17 - Car Audio Classifieds See what you can find 

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Huh, look at that. Boomintahoe, boomintempo and booming all in the same thread. Don't see that very often.
Thanks for the heads up! I looked at the yard sale postings, and the wall of text stating that what you get may or may not be functional. The prices look great, but I'm not wanting to risk purchasing something that may or may not work.

I'm assuming you and booming actually have some boom in your vehicle, I have no boom as of right now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I am liking the SSA Icon's and SSA Xcon's suggestion. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Alright, I need complete honesty here...For a colossus ltd (supposedly 3200 watts at 2 ohms or 2200 at 4 ohms), which sub do you suggest?

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

That volume could work ported if there is a way to utilize an aero port. Maybe a 4". Displacement is minimal
I'm liking this, I'm so used to using PVC that I completely forgot about aero ports...hmmmm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.