Beefy 10" recommendations

Yeah, I feel like there are lots of other options that I probably should have done...but, I'm willing to take a chance with CT. I haven't heard anything bad about them, but there isn't much info out there about them either! I'll do a good look over when I get them, and test the impedance of the coils to see what they read. I'll take some pics too and post them up for anyone that is interested.

What was really appealing is that they require minimal enclosure space, which is perfect for my truck, and the two should be able to handle the wattage I throw at them. Worst case, if they **** or they're defective, I've learned my lesson and will maybe go the 2 x8's that you mentioned or stick with the original plan of getting the 10" xcon.

Yeah, I feel like there are lots of other options that I probably should have done...but, I'm willing to take a chance with CT. I haven't heard anything bad about them, but there isn't much info out there about them either! I'll do a good look over when I get them, and test the impedance of the coils to see what they read. I'll take some pics too and post them up for anyone that is interested.
What was really appealing is that they require minimal enclosure space, which is perfect for my truck, and the two should be able to handle the wattage I throw at them. Worst case, if they **** or they're defective, I've learned my lesson and will maybe go the 2 x8's that you mentioned or stick with the original plan of getting the 10" xcon.
U haven't heard anything bad about CT sounds. Hahaha riiiiiight. Shady owner. Sells fire starting products and people act like nothing ever happened.

Uhhh, sooooo, I may have made a drunken purchase and ended up buying two of these... https://www.amazon.com/CT-Sounds-Meso-Inch-Subwoofer/dp/B01EBYK226
Hopefully my drunken stupor does not fail me, it never did for my college classes so hopefully it doesn't here! Yes...I went from one beefy 10" to two mildly(??) beefy 8's... and I already wish I would have just ordered the xcon...but this is where I'm at now. Either way, if you guys care, I'll keep this thread updated when I get the subs in with install and impressions. I also have a 240A Singer alternator on the way...the last things I need to buy is a better battery and smaller belt!
Horrible drunk purchase. Should have got SA 8" if u wanted an 8". Over paired for CT CRAP

I guess I should have come on here and asked before purchasing! Sounds like I'm playing with fire. I went off of reviews from amazon, and did lots of google searching and didn't find anything bad. I'm scared now! Like I said, if they **** or defective, it'll be a lesson learned. Thankfully it won't hurt too much if I end up getting burned, and can still afford the xcon... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif

U haven't heard anything bad about CT sounds. Hahaha riiiiiight. Shady owner. Sells fire starting products and people act like nothing ever happened.
That's their amps. What about subs/speakers tho?

Well this ***** to hear, I guess I've learned a lesson here. The subs should be in today, I'll try to take some detailed pic's and post. Hopefully the build quality isn't too bad!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif :crap:
I know...I had a hard time updating this thread after the plan to purchase the xcon. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

The CT subs came today, here are some quick pictures for anyone who cares! They look fine to me as far as build quality, but I'm obviously not a professional in that area! The only thing I notice is there is lots of glue where the cone meets the spider...but I'm not sure if that's normal. Anyway, on to the pic's! I'll start this weekend ripping apart my truck running wires, installing door speakers and amps, and starting the box build...thankfully I have a three day weekend this weekend and next weekend!!

20170217_143355.jpg

20170217_143607.jpg

20170217_144007.jpg

20170217_144025.jpg

edit--not too sure why the pictures are so small...here are some direct links:

https://postimg.org/image/ljpchmhyj/

https://postimg.org/image/yp4unqbu3/

https://postimg.org/image/h0d3w402z/

https://postimg.org/image/qz2nwbywb/

They will perform nicely. If the build is decent on them, you should be happy
Yeah, I hope so...I really looked them over the best I could, and the build quality looks fine to me. I've owned quite a few different brands, and these are actually by far the most stiff subs that I've had. I have a lot of work ahead these next two weekends, but this truck should be alot easier to work on then the VW that I owned. What a PITA!!

I'll keep this thread updated!

Those are definitely some beefy looking subs.
They look beefy for sure, and are heavy for what I imagined an 8" sub would be like. Let's just hope they hold up, haha.

ANnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, totally not impressed. Of course, I'm going from a 15 that was in a ported box to these guys....but, ****...my door speakers are louder than these guys. I built the box for .3 cubic feet each like they recommend...****.

8Yx1kYx.jpg

All I can think of is that:

A: Break in period????

B: A ported box would be better

C: ****

I went through same same. I downgraded from a death penalty 15 to 2 sq hds208s to save space... i knew id lose, but i literally lost 5db and the sound quality is worse...

But maybe you need some more break in

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.