Beefy 10" recommendations

If you are wiring to 2ohm, get the xcon. Icon if you plan 4ohm. Its rated 3200 but I believe they test around 2800-3000w. Thats still alot for an icon

A zv3 10 would be ideal for small box. The ssa platform does like more volume than the zv3. I personally think the ssa's sound better.

If you are wiring to 2ohm, get the xcon. Icon if you plan 4ohm. Its rated 3200 but I believe they test around 2800-3000w. Thats still alot for an icon
You're right about the wattage, I believe at 2 ohm it benched at just under 3000 watts. I think if I ran the amp at 4 ohms it'd be a little more realistic with the rating of 2200 watts ( I think that's what listed).

So, I am thinking about either the xcon or an Ampere Audio 10" AA-3.0v2...

Thanks for the heads up! I looked at the yard sale postings, and the wall of text stating that what you get may or may not be functional. The prices look great, but I'm not wanting to risk purchasing something that may or may not work.
I'm assuming you and booming actually have some boom in your vehicle, I have no boom as of right now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
I got my x15 from the ys. Ain't nothing wrong with it, mechanically. Only thing I saw was so much excess glue around the outer diameter of the spider. Jacob is very particular on things like that and tosses the item in the ys. Good for us, prob not so good on his part but prob more than makes up the loss of $$. I can tell ya 90% of people who have bought from the yardsale are very happy with their purchase.

ys sub on the right....see the excess glue around spider?!

I got my x15 from the ys. Ain't nothing wrong with it, mechanically. Only thing I saw was so much excess glue around the outer diameter of the spider. Jacob is very particular on things like that and tosses the item in the ys. Good for us, prob not so good on his part but prob more than makes up the loss of $$. I can tell ya 90% of people who have bought from the yardsale are very happy with their purchase.

ys sub on the right....see the excess glue around spider?!
Haha, I think I may see something, but if what I think I see is supposed to be the excess glue it doesn't look like much. You'll just have more motor control right?! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I'll take another peak at the yard sale when I get home from work today, you've built my confidence a bit!

Sundown yard sale is up and running. I'd deff check that out. Nsv3 for good price //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif

Edit: the nsv3 are sold... but there's zv5s //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

Lots of good info here guys, I appreciate all the help! I'm still mildly afraid to pull the trigger on the yard sale. I have money, but not enough money to gamble //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif I won't make a purchase until after next week, but will keep this updated with what I purchase, install, and observations!

Uhhh, sooooo, I may have made a drunken purchase and ended up buying two of these... https://www.amazon.com/CT-Sounds-Meso-Inch-Subwoofer/dp/B01EBYK226

Hopefully my drunken stupor does not fail me, it never did for my college classes so hopefully it doesn't here! Yes...I went from one beefy 10" to two mildly(??) beefy 8's... and I already wish I would have just ordered the xcon...but this is where I'm at now. Either way, if you guys care, I'll keep this thread updated when I get the subs in with install and impressions. I also have a 240A Singer alternator on the way...the last things I need to buy is a better battery and smaller belt!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.